As a key member of the executive leadership team, the SVP, Chief Accounting Officer leads the Companys accounting and external reporting functions, and is responsible for ensuring timely, accurate financial statement preparation and internal, external (SEC), and lender reporting all within required timeframes. This role is responsible for the day to day accounting activities of the organization, ensuring consistent adherence to US GAAP, SEC Regulations S-X and S-K, and overseeing all annual audits and quarterly reviews. This leadership role will report to the CFO and assume both tactical and strategic roles in the overall management of the company, maintaining strong working relationships with the external auditors and operational leaders of the Company.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and lead a SOX compliant, public company accounting function able to comply with the SEC reporting requirements of a large accelerated filer.
- Partner with peers in finance, operations, legal, IT, tax and people services to understand the Companys operations at a detailed level.
- Skillfully analyze complex accounting issues and communicate and collaborate with cross-functional business partners with varying backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Serve as a technical accounting expert on all accounting matters, ensuring appropriate implementation of emerging accounting and SEC guidance as well as preparation of all technical accounting memorandums.Technical accounting memorandums must be easily consumable by external auditors
- Communicate technical accounting guidance to corporate accounting and peer group in a way that is easily understandable and can be effectively operationalized.
- Responsible for the critical accounting policies of the Company, including revenue recognition and related implicit price concession methodology, insurance reserve methodology and interaction with actuaries, stock compensation, and annual goodwill impairment testing and valuations.
- Proactively partner with peer group departments to identify and mitigate risks to timely, effective, and accurate reporting.
- Independently manage multiple complex workflows in a pressure-oriented, deadline driven environment
- Deliver annual audit reports within required timelines and within budget
- Work closely with the Aveanna M&A team to ensure appropriate accounting treatment of various acquisitions, divestitures and restructuring, and subsequent integration into the overall Aveanna reporting structure
- Develop a deep understanding of the Companys Adjusted EBITDA and related reconciliations
- Assist with monitoring synergy realization related to M&A activity
- Responsible for pro-forma reporting of LTM results of acquired companies and incorporation into credit adjusted EBITDA reporting for lenders
- Develop, lead and motivate a diverse group of accounting employees, establishing an accountable, high performing and motivated organization that aligns with the companys mission, vision, and values.
- Consistently demonstrate a commitment to Aveanna core values
- Ensure robust departmental controls surrounding the accounting close, including balance sheet reconciliations and other controls
- Similarly ensure robust financial reporting controls to ensure timely and accurate external filing documents
- Actively seek process improvements to mitigate risk while also considering cost efficiency
- Serve as the executive interface with the external auditors, taking final responsibility for delivering annual audits and quarterly reviews on time
- Lead SEC reporting, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, and future registration statements associated with follow-on offerings.
- Maintain KPIs for internal and external reporting in consultation with the VP Finance and Investor Relations.
- Partner with Investor Relations to review all external filings for compliance with Regulations FD and G.
- Partner with the VP Tax to ensure clear and consistent communication, appropriate legal entity accounting, appropriate purchase price allocations and related tax reporting, and a successful tax provision and compliance process.
- Oversee compliance with credit facilities and periodic lender reporting.
- Support all required reporting for rating agencies
- Support all credit facility and financing transactions
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting. MS Accounting or Taxation preferred.
- Active CPA license.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in a Big Four public accounting and / or accounting and reporting in a public company in levels of progressive responsibility, with at least 3 years of experience in a senior management position.
- Heavy experience drafting financial statements and footnotes as well as MD&A and proxy materials.
- M&A experience (all accounting and reporting aspects, including assessing significance of acquisitions and required audited financial statements of acquired companies) is required
- Experience working in private equity backed environments is a plus
- Demonstrated experience leading large corporate accounting and reporting functions at a public company and/or leading large engagement teams auditing public companies.
- Must be an independent, self-starter who takes full accountability for executing on essential job functions and does not require close supervision in order to determine priorities or for tactical execution of responsibilities.
- Experience in leadership roles auditing or working at companies with $2 billion in revenue or larger, and multiple segments.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple job responsibilities and exercise critical thinking in a fast-paced, high-demand work environment.
- Ability to work long hours, including weekends, during period end closes, and as may be required by special projects.
- Demonstrate initiative and independent judgment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with the entire MS Suite. Must have advanced MS Excel skills as well.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to travel on a limited basis
Apply on company website