Seeking an experienced IT systems administrator to support classified and unclassified lab environments that use Windows and Linux networked systems, with expertise in setting up and managing Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Group Policy Management, SharePoint, and Exchange services.
A successful candidate will be a Windows Server lead joining a team supporting internal customers, designing, implementing and managing lab infrastructure to meet the customer requirements. In this role, you will build, configure, administer and troubleshoot Windows (and Linux) servers and user workstation hardware and software; design and implement workgroup-scale networks; build and manage authentication, file-share, and other collaboration servers to support groups of heterogeneous client systems. You will work with facilities security staff to develop and apply hardening steps for systems for classified use to NISPOM Chapter 8, JAFAN, and other customer standards. Document system configuration for new and existing systems. Experience with centralized authentication technologies such as LDAP and Active Directory domains in supporting (Windows/Linux) cross-platform clients is desirable.
You should be customer service oriented, attentive to detail, self-motivated and work well in teams. Flexibility in approach to finding solutions, the ability to understand and act on the customer needs and priorities, and learn new technologies quickly are some of the qualities a successful candidate will have. You will also need to be willing to respond to occasional off-hours outages and take part in subsequent service restoration efforts.
Required Skills and Education
You will need to be eligible to receive a security clearance within 3 months of hire date or have an active Secret clearance.
CompTIA Security+ (or equivalent) may be required to work in some of the customer labs, and preference will be given to candidates who hold this certificate.
Typical Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in enterprise level Windows Server operating environments, including Windows Active Directory, Group Policy Management, SharePoint, Exchange services
- TCP/IP and Microsoft Networking concepts
- Windows and Unix/Linux interoperability services (e.g. centralized authentication technologies for cross-platform clients)
- Windows shell scripting
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and move into positions either standing or kneeling that require connecting computing equipment up for use.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Virtual machine (VM) technologies (ESXi, VCenter, VSphere)
- NetApp Management
- PXE and WDS automated system installation technologies
- Automated backup systems
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS
- Unix shell scripting
- Configuration management tools (Subversion, ClearCase)
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on company website