Please note this position supports our Second Shift you will receive a 10% pay premium when working the Second Shift
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The World™.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
- Performs operational tests on a wide variety of moderately complex production components, subassemblies and systems using data sheets, schematics, wiring diagrams, established test specifications and standard test procedures, which clearly outline procedures to be followed.
- Sets up and operates in accordance with prescribed procedures a variety of test stands consisting of multiples of standard test equipment such as pulse generators, amplifiers, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, counters, etc.
- Works with engineering instructions and standard test procedures to operationally test developmental products as required.
- Aligns and adjusts subassemblies and/or systems in accordance with test procedures and data sheets to comply with established specifications and acceptable performance.
- Interprets test data and checks results against specifications, test procedures and data sheets to determine proper functioning and quality of product.
- Deviates from standard test procedures as required to troubleshoot, locate and diagnose malfunctions within the unit requiring application of technical knowledge, skill and ingenuity. Realigns and readjusts unit as required.
- Designates rework instructions where necessary and retest work after rework.
- Stamps and otherwise approves test results. Records test data and submit test failure/acceptance reports and notifies supervisor of unusual conditions or undesirable trends.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- “Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status”
Required Skills and Education
Requires an Associate's Degree in Electronics or equivalent test technician experience.
Preferred Skills and Education
Ability to follow written instructions and procedures to complete tasks.
- Some circuit card troubleshooting capability preferred.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website