The internship is a 12 week hands-on enterprise level IT service delivery experience. The primary focus for this internship is completing a High Performance Computing Test system for evaluating changes prior to rolling to production HPC and evaluating new GPU technology with existing application solvers. The project component spans 12 weeks consisting of the internship program, mentoring by BAE Systems ESS-IT professional staff, and at completion, present results to executive leadership.
- Work together as a team and with subject matter experts to implement a test High Performance Computing system. The project will follow a requirements, bench-mark, design update, build, verify and validate process.
- Identify and manage project tasks. Work with project members to complete tasks or delegate as required. Report progress weekly.
- From established ‘initial' benchmark data set, compare and contrast the completed test HPC benchmarks to initial data. Identify benefits of system and future improvements.
- Prepare and present entire summer Intern activities with objective, accomplishments, lessons learned, improvement ideas.
- Adhere to BAE Systems policy, standards and management direction as received during orientations and receipt of internship objectives. Utilize Peoplesoft Performance Review, PDR application for work performance and accomplishments.
- Week 1-2:
- Account setup
- Project initiation
- Weeks 3-11:
- Initiate project.
- Project contributions (Requirements / Benchmark / Design/ Build/ Test/ Deploy/ Review)
- Close project with presentation to leadership.
- Week 12:
- Present projects and internship evaluation to senior management and team
- Intern performance evaluations
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Major Degree – Computer Science / Information Technology / Information Systems
- 2 years of Degree study completed (Rising Juniors/Seniors or Current Seniors (graduating May or Dec)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Linux experience a plus
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Apply on company website