The BAE Systems York PA facility is seeking an experienced Boring Mill/CNC Operator on first shift.
This position sets up and operates various types of boring mills (individually and/or cellular) to perform such operations as boring holes, machining castings, forgings, weldments, large assemblies, sub-assemblies, plates and pre-machined parts to conform to drawing specifications. Set up and operates various types of NC and CNC equipment to perform operations such as drilling milling, boring, tapping chamfering, counter boring, undercutting, punching, forming crimping and bending on a variety of materials.
- Receives instructions and work orders from Process Supervisor, Assistant Process Supervisor, Lead Person or Self-Directed Work Team.
- Plans and analyses requirements for proper tooling, performs checks and adjusts processes as required maintaining tolerances.
- Handles material to and from work area, within department, using jib or overhead cranes or other material handling equipment, as required.
- Refers to drawings, sketches, manuals, books, charts, military specifications and process sheets.
- Submits first piece to Inspection as required. Ensures specification conformance of product, process and workmanship and documents findings on personal computers and/or other data acquisition devices as required.
- Performs de-burring operations with miscellaneous hand tools.
- Performs checks on equipment to maintain efficient and safe operations and reports and deficiencies.
- Checks fluid levels, adds coolant and changes external air filters as required. Reports low oil levels.
- Keeps work area safe and clean.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
High School Diploma or GED and 3-5 years of experience
Must be capable of working with tools range from various sizes and types of horizontal and vertical boring mills, boring bars, clamps, fixtures, angle plates, templatesNC and CNC equipment perishable tooling, chucks, dies, grinders, sanders and various hand tools (i.e. wrenches, pliers, etc.), measuring and test equipment (i.e. Versa and height gauges), personal computer and/or other data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-coding and datamyte). Tools include material
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
High School Diploma or GED
5 to 7 Years of Equivalent Experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website