What's it like to work with a company protecting what really matters? Remarkable.
BAE Systems is looking for a Junior Cybersecurity Architect. The qualified candidate will be working on the engineering teams supporting cybersecurity engineering activities in a rapid development environment to support the specification, development, and application of computer security technologies, cybersecurity and information assurance management techniques to DoD and Intelligence Community systems.
As a Junior Cybersecurity Architect, you will be:
- Supporting Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities for DoD and Intelligence Systems in accordance with Risk Management Framework and ICD-503 guidelines
- Supporting the development of system security plans including, security concepts of operation, risk management matrix, security control traceability matrix, security test procedures, and plan of action and milestones
- Conducting vulnerability scans, static code scans and dynamic code scans to detect software vulnerabilities
- Conducting vulnerability assessments to validate system compliance with DISA Security Technical Information Guidelines (STIGS)
- Supporting security test events to achieve accreditation milestones
- Conducting system patching and hardening activities
This is position is on site.
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 5+ year(s) related experience or equivalent experience, training and/or certifications
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain a Security Clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent certification
- ISC2 CISSP certification or equivalent certification
- Understanding of national Cybersecurity policies, IA standard security principles, standards and industry best practices
- Experience in vulnerability assessment, control allocation, and risk mitigation
- Experience in DoD or Intelligence Community A&A processes, procedures, and artifacts
- Ability to assist with other traditional systems engineering tasks such as CONOPS, requirements, and system level testing
- Understanding of offensive security principles
- Technical documentation development
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website