BAE Systems is seeking a passionate, experienced individual to manage projects in our Mission Computer and Sustainment business area. We provide mission critical computing workstations and servers to Boeing for the P-8A Poseidon. This position will expose you to a diverse mix of projects ranging from development to production and sustainment. You will be leading a high performance multi-disciplinary team that is committed to keeping this critical capability operational on the aircraft. The Program Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project execution including customer liaison, cost performance, scheduling, risk management, technical execution and problem solving. This position offers opportunities for advancement in the Program Management office.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Communication skills
- Project planning/scheduling
- Scope/time management
- People/relationship management
- Critical thinking and problem solving
Preferred Skills and Education
- Engineering/technical background
- Subcontract Management
- Customer liaison experience
- Understanding of Earned Value methods
- Scheduling techniques, including critical path method
- Understanding of production control systems and processes
- Knowledge of Logistics and Support would be a plus.
- Understanding of DoD contracting process
- Negotiation skills
- Microsoft Project
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website