Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of a diverse and enthusiastic team who solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are searching for a an inspired leader to join our Flight Crew as a Flight Engineer on our Phasa-35 High Altitude Long Endurance program.
In this role you will:
- Flight Engineer in HALE Crew of three – responsible for managing PHASA 35 thermal environment and power management in flight.
- Display good analytical skills, with the ability to identify a problem, interact with the right stakeholders and provide a solution.
- Support planning, execution and reporting of R&D flight trials of UAVs.
- Contribute to the generation of flight test plans, organizing and presenting at flight test readiness review boards.
- Carry out analysis tasks from flight data.
- Support test flight trials worldwide
- Work with Lead System Engineer to ensure flight readiness and conduct of systems flight test plan(s).
- Support Lead Flight Systems Engineer with Assembly, Integration and Test of PHASA 35 on flight trial
- A driven, self-motivated, committed individual with a passion for innovation.
- Ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team, with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Reliable in respect of quality and timeliness of deliverable items.
- An integrator, agile-minded and adept in cross-cultural communication
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Electronics, or other practical discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies relevant to Unmanned Air Systems (UAS)
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and communications skills to be able to work with stakeholders at all levels, both military and civilian
- Careful and organized approach to tasks.
- Evidence of taking ownership of problems/high level requirements.
- Ability to support Assembly, Integration and Test activities
- Understanding of engineering test plans and operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and skilled in MS Excel, word and Powerpoint.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Previous Flight Operations Experience
- Previous HALE Operations
- Private Pilot's License or better
- Remote pilot license and IREX (instrument rating) with greater than 100 flying hours
- Civilian Drone License or previous drone experience
- FAA Part 107 License or ability to obtain one
- Experience in uniformed service, or experience working with defense industry
- Understanding of flight planning, meteorology, system preparation and airspace management
- A good understanding of the technical, operational and environmental factors affecting HALE UAVs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and using computer systems.
- Working within a development environment
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website