BAE Systems is seeking a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool trainer/Hardware Configuration Manager (HCM).
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our
differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to
change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We
Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to
be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In this role, you will join the Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) team to assist with developing and conducting training programs on the new PLM tool. This individual will be required to become a PLM Subject Matter Expert (SME). Additionally, this individual will be required to research the number of different types of PLM users, which includes interviewing them, to create specific courses to meet the needs of the different user communities.
The right candidate must have good writing skills and be a strong public speaker, presenter and understand how to create and execute a training program. Additionally the right candidate must be experienced with the entire hardware management process to translate the differences in PLM. After the PLM rollout is complete, this individual will perform Hardware Configuration Management on assigned programs, while providing continuous PLM training support as needed.
PLM trainer primary tasks and responsibilities include:
- Study the PLM tool to develop into a SME
- Meet with the user community to understand specific PLM roles and responsibilities
- Create and present training programs targeted for a defined type of user
- Illustrate how current processes and procedures integrate with PLM
- Perform HCM role as defined in the training program
- Assures the continuity of product design configuration by reviewing and analyzing initial drawings/documents and implementing subsequent approved engineering changes in relation to drawings/documents. Ensures that all applicable specifications or MIL-Standard requirements have been adhered to.
- Collects engineering data from program engineering and support functions. Provides for systematic release and distribution of formal drawings and associated documentation. Reviews engineering drawings/documents in order to compare them with hardware on project work breakdown structures.
- Maintains current program engineering files and assists in establishing and implementing "as built" records and status accounting systems for a program.
- Coordinates Configuration Control Board activities which include, but are not limited to, establishing the agenda, recording approvals/non-approvals, and establishing and maintaining Action Items Lists. Assures that all necessary data are available.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- 2 years hands on experience in product lifecycle and hardware configuration management.
- Must be a good writer, have strong public speaker and presenter with experience in conducting and creating training programs.
Preferred Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website