BAE Systems is looking for well-qualified professionals to join our team for an exciting opportunity to support the readiness and sustainment of the U.S. Air Force Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) program.
The ICBM System Program Office must ensure a safe, secure, and reliable Minuteman III weapon system as required by the war fighter (Air Force Global Strike Command) through 2030. This activity is identified as the Integration Support Contract (ISC). The contract assists in acquisition and technical sustainment engineering and augments government resources. The contract provides broad and deep capabilities for system engineering and integration, risk management, technical assessment, acquisition program management, strategy development, organization and change management, interface with operations and logistics, business analysis, mission effectiveness, and ICBM demonstration/validation. The position is located at Hill AFB, Utah.
This position will augment the government and provide assistance with test and evaluation activities. Programs supported include acquisitions, modifications, upgrades, and sustainment of propulsion, guidance, ordnance, reentry, launch facility, launch control center, and ground systems.
- Assist in developing requirements for testing for all phases of qualification, integration, and weapon system testing to include, hardware, software, and cyber security specifications.
- Participate in Test and Evaluation activities as directed by ICBM specific Integrated Test Teams and Government program teams in accordance AFI 99-103, AFMCSUP 99-103, AFNWCSUP 99-103, and AFGSCI 99-102.
- Plan and oversee developmental test and evaluation as required to verify design requirements and interfaces to ensure that functional and performance requirements are satisfied per government direction.
- Plan and oversee operational test and evaluation as required to validate system performance meets the needs of the warfighter.
- Assist program managers and engineers in scheduling and budgeting for all test and evaluation activities
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering, Software Engineering (including degrees listed as acceptable for Software), Physics, Mathematics, Quality Assurance, or Statistical Analysis.
- 7+ years relevant experience with a Bachelors' degree and 5+ years with a Masters'.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience preparing or contributing to test related documents, including TEMPs, Test Plans, Test Reports, ITT Charters, and AF Form 42.
- Experience creating and maintaining test policies and processes.
- Experience witnessing developmental testing of Air Force components.
- Experience with the Minuteman III weapon system.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website