You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The World.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
We are looking for a Principal Supplier Quality Engineer to implement tools and processes to ensure suppliers improve on current products with robust plans and deliver first time quality to BAE program customers. Additionally, this person will be responsible for qualifying new suppliers for the program. The person will also investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems and conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. You must be a self-starting problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. A strong desire and mindset to drive actions and projects to closure without being prompted is a must. Strong communication skills are required to ensure suppliers understand requirements and expectations, make progress reports and present findings. Ability to summarize briefing/findings at an executive leadership level.
Additionally you will:
- Utilize supplier Scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with those suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve 100% quality performance
- Evaluate and assess the impact of nonconforming product and suppliers' corrective actions, including timely communication with the program team of both.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances
- Perform Production Process Verifications (PPV's) at supplier locations and participate in PPAP review process and other aspects of APQP
- Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102 as well as train suppliers to meet BAE Systems expectations
- Drive “Zero Defect” culture within the supply base
Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
*Required Education, Experience, & Skills :
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience or 8 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Ability to analyze supplier defect/performance data and translate them into an analytical approach. Ability to identify data trends across parts, suppliers, programs and business area. Ability to work and translate analytical data metrics into defect resolution/risk mitigation plans/actions.
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Electro-Mechanical background
- Working knowledge of AS9100 or equivalent Quality Management Systems
- Working knowledge of commodity inspection/test, equipment and instrumentation
- Understanding of drawings and Y14.5 GD&T with ability to determine compliance
- Experience executing or coaching suppliers on AS9102 FAIs and PPVs
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical drawings, specifications, requirements, and procedure manuals
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Excellent planning, time management and organization skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Apply on company website