Position is for 2nd and 3rd shift
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in the set-up and operation of mechanical and/or hydraulic presses utilized to perform such tasks as forging, trimming, cold working, blanking, stamping and forming.
2. Sets, adjusts, and monitors temperature controls of induction heating equipment to control billet heat, as required.
3. Uses standard measuring equipment such as scales and calipers; hot gauges; hand tools of the trade; and a variety of material handling and moving equipment in lifting and transporting dies, parts and materials to and from work stations.
4. Performs related work and work of lower classifications as required.
5. Works with light weight material continuously, average weight material frequently, and heavyweight material occasionally. Utilizes a variety of material handling equipment in handling average or heavyweight materials.
6. Performs general cleanup work as required.
7. Works under general supervision, receiving assistance from higher classified employees when warranted.
8. Works in a team environment.
Required Skills and Education
- High school degree, or GED equivalent, or 1 (one) year experience in the majority of above Principle Duties and Responsibilities.
- Work requires working knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic presses.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website