Proposal Manager is responsible for the management of activities and staff associated with the development of proposals typically valued at greater than $300M in response to Government solicitations being pursued by one of our Business Areas within the Intelligence and Security Sector. The proposal manager works independently to develop proposal outlines, compliance matrices, proposal schedules, and provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams assigned to work proposal efforts. The proposal manger ensures that the proposal response is compliant, compelling, and completed on schedule. The proposal manager works with the capture manager to ensure that the opportunity strategies, solutions, themes, and discriminators are woven into the proposal response. The proposal manager ensures that the proposal is completed and delivered to the Government within the prescribed time periods.
- Independently manage highly complex proposals (typically valued at greater than $300M) involving the design, engineering, implementation, deployment, and sustainment of complex solutions across the Intelligence, Defense, and Civilian markets.
- Develop all proposal development materials including but not limited to: proposal outline, compliance matrix, proposal management plan, proposal kick-off meeting materials, storyboard and writing plans.
- Reviews proposal sections developed by members of proposal teams, providing guidance and recommendations, and editing sections as appropriate.
- Review and analyze Solicitation and related documents, ensuring final proposal product is compliant and delivered on schedule.
- Participates in peer reviews of proposal materials developed by other proposal managers for compliance and proposal readiness to submit.
- Supports Vice President of Proposal Operations and Proposal Director in process improvement activities, by serving as participant on tasks assigned.
- Guides and mentors Junior Proposal Managers, teaching them good proposal management techniques and ensuring they adhere to I&S processes and procedures.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years' Proposal Management experience
- Microsoft Office Advanced Skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Active Security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website