What's it like working for an innovative company that takes on some of the world's most important challenges? Rewarding. BAE Systems Inc. is looking for candidates who are excited to begin a career in Industrial Security, supporting multiple programs and locations. This is a great opportunity to further develop your Industrial Security career and grow your skills in this fast-paced team-oriented environment.
In this job, you will:
- Manage a small team of Security specialists at multiple locations
- Assist in the development of security procedures consistent with BAE policies, Air Force Instructions, and DoD Directives.
- Assist in classified material management activities such as identification of classified material/accesses, assigning Document Control Numbers, document marking, and shipment.
- Investigate and report security violations and incident reports, completes Reports of Investigation (ROI) on security matters.
- Familiar with Anti-terrorism and force protection training, issues and levels.
- Assists briefing and creating employee security trainings, guidance, counseling and security oversight.
- Experience working with additional classifications such as CNWDI, RD, FRD and NATO.
- Experienced in working in a classified environment on all aspects of classified areas (i.e. access control, accountability, inventories, audits/inspections, emergencies, incidents, reports, alarms and many other security related items).
- Assists in conducting periodic classified document inventories and security self-inspections on local processes and practices for compliance.
- Assist with personnel security clearances, vetting lists for classified meetings, and other PERSEC/Visitor Control functions.
- May perform other security duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
8+ Years with HS
6+ Years with AA
4+ Years with BS
2+ Years with MS
Experience working in security to include; special access programs(SAP), personnel security and physical security. Position will require a fully adjudicated Secret clearance. Must be able to maintain a Secret clearance. Knowledge of DOD instructions & directives, Security Classification Guides, Air Force Instructions, and other Government security directives is preferred..
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Experience working in security to include; industrial security, personnel security, physical security.
•Become proficient with maintaining and administration of security databases, to include JPAS, e-QIP, and SWFT
•Position will require a Secret clearance. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
•Submit newly executed SF312s in accordance with DoD guidelines
•Execute quarterly PERSEC Metrics Reports for all clearance processes and out-going visit requests
•Provide back-up support and continuity plan(s) relative to the PERSEC Office
•Manage and maintain JPAS/DISS
•Ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance with PII standards and the Privacy Act of 1974
•Ability to manage a team, make sound decisions, work independently, analyze problems and provide focused solutions
•Knowledge of DOD instructions & directives, Security Classification Guides, Air Force Instructions, and other Government security directives
•Knowledge of the government classified contract process to include DD254's
•Ability to understand, explain, interpret and apply rules, regulations, directives and procedures
•Good typing skills and ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally are highly desirable
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website