Come see what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced systems – Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems. You'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is looking for a software engineering team lead with hands-on development experience. The qualified candidate will work on a multi-disciplinary team and provide hands-on technical leadership and support to integrate software tools capable of mission data processing into an AWS Cloud environment. This senior-level engineer should be have working knowledge with front-end and back-end software development—including Agile development processes, Cloud development and deployment, Java-based web services, AWS tools and services, DevSecOps, CRUD operations, data models, data subscription/streaming, and secure computing. As a technical lead this candidate will also support demonstration events for each release, and manage SW tasks using JIRA.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Strong software architecture, design, and development experience using Java.
- Strong experience developing back-end services, such as RESTful web services, preferably with Java Spring.
- Experience with Java build systems (Maven, Gradle)
- Fluent in with AWS cloud-based concepts
- Experience with the DevSecOps development process
- Core understanding of Open architectures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Hold a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Experience with application choreography and data streaming using NiFi, Kafka, and/or ZooKeeper.
- Experience AWS tools.
- Experience with PaaS and SaaS concepts/tools,
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with the Agile Scrum and/or SAFe processes
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website