Working at BAE Systems offers an intriguing blend of flexibility, a profound commitment to safeguarding the warfighter, and ample room for personal and professional growth. The environment is marked by adaptability, encouraging employees to explore innovative solutions while maintaining a strong focus on protecting those on the front lines. The company's dedication to enhancing defense capabilities fosters a sense of purpose, allowing individuals to contribute meaningfully to critical projects and programs. Moreover, BAE Systems places considerable emphasis on nurturing talent, providing various avenues for career development and advancement, ensuring employees have opportunities to expand their skills and reach their full potential within the organization.
As a Sr. Factory Test Engineer, you will be providing weekend shift (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) Test Engineering support to TAC-AIR Electronic Warfare-Integrated Manufacturing Center (EW-IMC) factories. Responsibilities of the job include, but not limited to:
- Support the assembly, test, and troubleshooting of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA's), modules, and sub-assemblies, working directly with hardware and design engineering personnel as required
- Collaborate with and train manufacturing test personnel staff to debug failures down to module and component level.
- Create and disposition rework plans for test defects.
- Support design, maintenance and repair of test station hardware, software and interface test adapters, and Continuous Improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Comprehensive analysis of test data to identify changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
- Communicate utilizing written and oral communication skills; interact with managers, staff, co-workers and others encountered in the course of work; ability to compose materials such as detailed reports and work-related documents and communicate substantively about them.
- Generate and implement improvements in product and test design and develop methodologies to reduce cost, increase yield, and improve throughput.
- Monitor Quality data for trends and outliers and report regularly to the team.
- Feedback lessons learned to the design teams for continuous improvement.
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation.
- Support Root Cause and Corrective Action activities.
- Interface with Engineering, Quality, and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause.
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Minimum 4 years Test Engineering experience with Associate level degree (or equivalent) in an applicable Engineering discipline.
- Active Secret level U.S. security clearance.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts
- Experience with manufacturing environmental screening processes including thermal and vibration.
- Must have experience using and developing automated test solutions utilizing National Instruments TestStand and LabWindows CVI software environments.
- Familiar with RF instrumentation (i.e. network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signal sources), and the control of hardware through software interfaces (automated test sequence)
- Ability to work on an individual or team basis to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Ability to communicate utilizing written and oral communication skills; interact with managers, staff, co-workers and others encountered in the course of work; ability to compose materials such as detailed reports and work-related documents and communicate substantively about them.
- Hands-on experience with test station/equipment
- Hands on experience with product troubleshooting (Debug of analog, digital, and RF circuitry down to module and component level)
- Root cause analysis including the containment of failures in production environment
- Process updates to reduce tune/test times, improve yields.
- RF test fixture design competencies
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications
- Familiarity with functional test procedure development and maintenance
- Experience in participating in design reviews with project leads and stakeholders
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 4+ years of experience with B.S. level degree
- Experience in a high paced production environment
- Experience with common RF measurement techniques (Insertion Loss, Return Loss, Conversion Loss, Small Signal Gain (SSG), Second Order Intercept Point (IP2), Third Order Intercept Point (IP3), 1db Compression, Noise Figure, Performing and analyzing S Parameter measurements
Full-Time Salary Range: $89650 - $152460
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Apply on company website