BAE Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal EMC Engineer to work in our Nashua, NH location.
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in
the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the
brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our
differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to
change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We
Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to
be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The E3 engineer will lead and participate in the development and analysis of complex electronic warfare products. Working as part of the E3 organization will provide expertise to multiple program teams in the development of systems for sea, land, air and space.
In this role, the successful candidate will perform EMC/EMI technical analysis, as well as design and test on functional systems of company products. This work will require the full use and wide application of established engineering principles, theories, concepts and precedents in the field, plus a working knowledge of other related disciplines, (ie mechanical and electrical design concepts).
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Devises new techniques and approaches and provides solutions to a wide range of technical problems by drawing on his/her own areas of technical specialty and consulting with other engineering specialists for technologies where he/she does not have in-depth expertise. Makes independent decisions based on available data, selection of materials and required parameters.
- Evaluates plans and criteria for technical activities in his/her specialty and recommends alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations. May lead projects or segments of major projects responsible for achievement of schedule, fiscal and technical performance objectives.
- Assignments are broad and will include development of new techniques as a result of independent research study; development and evaluation of plans and procedures; theoretical computations and analysis; design and development of equipment with many complex features; testing of procedures, equipment, materials; makes extensive contributions to proposal efforts; responsible for the conduct and performance of assignments.
- Reviews and coordinates work of assistants to ensure progress is maintained to achieve specified aims; interprets and directs the preparation of data for reports on technical findings, recommendations, accomplishments and progress measured against specific plans.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must be eligible for a Secret DOD Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in EE (Electrical Engineering), ECE (Electrical and Computer Engineering), or other Scientific degree with suitable E3 content.
- At least 6 years relevant experience.
- Extensive experience with military EMC requirements such as Mil-Std-461, 462 and 464.
- Experienced conducting research in areas which require a moderately high level of expertise and knowledge in areas of EMC specialization.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Active DoD security clearance.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on company website