See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Our Team is looking for a technical leader within Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) Systems Engineering that will support the Integration and Test Solutions (ITS) Group with functionally leading a team of systems software and hardware engineers to envision, architect, develop and maintain hardware and software test solutions used for systems integration, data analysis, and other test related activities. In addition, they will contribute to the visualization and creation of the next enterprise wide universal test solution. Motivated individuals who like to be on the leading edge of defining a new paradigm with respect to how modules and systems are tested, analyzed and visualized need apply. Successfully performing in this exciting role will reward you with valuable transferable career experience. Systems Engineering is the next logical career step for those individuals who take a systems thinking viewpoint and approach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading a small team of systems engineers and their daily tasks related to system engineering integration and test activities.
- Managing and leading activities for developing advanced concepts, techniques, standards and automated test solutions that involving a high level of complexity, ingenuity, and creativity applicable to systems engineering product life cycle development.
- Ability to work independently towards company long term automated integration and test solutions making decisions that affect positively the financial and technical well-being of the organization.
- Serve as a consultant or advisor to the team for matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities and long term related goals and strategic objectives. Ability to work successfully with peer level subject matter experts and section manages.
- Create cost and labor estimates for integration related activities. Assuring effective work performance by closely monitor cost and schedule.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
+6 years related experience with MS degree or +8 years experience with BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Software and hardware integration, test system development; knowledge of software development tools used for systems integration and test.
Preferred Skills and Education
Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Cost Account Managing (CAM), Six Sigma Trained, MBSE or MBE, JIRA, requirements definition, data governance, automation, COSMOS, NI Test Stand LabVIEW, scripting, Visual Studio, Linux and windows software development environments.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website