What's it like realizing your potential at an innovative company that takes on some of the world's most important challenges? Rewarding. As part of our Systems Engineering team, you'll join a diverse group of driven professionals who design the products and systems that support enhanced military capabilities, protect national security, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. With us, you'll be able to make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your career.
This role can be on-site or hybrid on-site (50% or more on-site) at either Sterling Heights, MI or Minneapolis, MN, and will be on a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off.
- Support development of component level performance specifications by managing requirements in IBM Rational DOORS database tool (specifications could include mechanical or electronic components such as engine, ventilation fan, turret control box)
- Manage Size, Weight, Power, Cooling and Cost (SWaP-CC) for vehicle platforms
- Create requirements traceability in DOORS database
- Work with Integrated Product Teams to understand and document requirements compliance.
- Define interfaces between assigned sub-system and components (thermal, signal, data, etc.)
- Support development of trade studies to drive design decisions and document trade study results
- Support documenting concept design decisions and support generating system design concept descriptions and capability assessments
- Support development of architecture using model based systems engineering tools.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or closely related field and 2+ year's relevant experience is required.
- Knowledge necessary to write requirements specifications (subsystem and component).
- Familiarity with databases, such as DOORS.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Systems thinking skills (i.e., ability to work at detailed level but understand system level implications).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a Master's degree in Systems Engineering.
- Experience with military vehicle systems is preferred.
- Model based systems engineering experience, such as UML, SysML, Rational Harmony, Object-Oriented Systems Engineering Method (OOSEM) experience
- Formal certification as an Associate Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP)
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website