See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we are innovating for the future. And you can, too.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions,
you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Technical Staff Manager to join our Systems Engineering team. In the role, you will provide guidance, leadership, and management to a team of up to 40 engineers. You will also serve as a valued Engineering advisor to the Electronic Systems sector's Systems Engineering organization.
The position requires strong interpersonal skills and technical leadership as you will be a key leader and mentor in the department, employing leadership, presence, and influence to foster teamwork and execution. You will provide oversight of the execution of Systems Engineering principles and practices throughout all phases of the lifecycle, including process tailoring, architecture development and review, requirements development, design, integration and test, transition to production, and product support.
- Group staffing, recruiting, and workforce planning
- Developing individual and group goals and objectives
- Communicating flow-down
- Collecting and providing performance feedback
- Career mentoring including development of career and training plans
- Ensuring group members adhere to BAE's cultural principals, policies, and vision
- Tracking program execution through metrics and technical reviews
- Providing technical support to programs through proposal and cost estimation reviews, participation in independent design reviews, architecture review boards and other technical reviews
- Managing engineering initiatives
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Proven Systems Engineering background and leadership skills with experience in all aspects of the system lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in communicating technical concepts
- U.S. Citizen with active Secret Clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering
- Prior employee management experience
- U.S. Citizen with active DoD Top Secret Clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website