Summary and Qualifications:
The IT Project Manager independently drives the complete life cycle of complex projects including approvals, planning, execution, and maintenance to ensure results are achieved on time.
Develops budgets, timelines, and ensures progress to plan as well as tracking critical project achievements. Works with necessary stakeholders to establish and achieve goals.
Acts as the driving contributor in an evolving environment. Will need to influence across all levels of the organization.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Manage the work plan and track progress for multiple large projects and initiatives, as needed.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Deliver on projects and initiatives, to agreed scopes, budgets and timetables.
- Provide project/program management oversight, training and improvements through the application of change management, continuous improvement, implementation, influencing and communication methodologies.
- Create and deliver appropriate and customized Change Management Plans within the MVH EPMO standards for each assigned project. Champion changes, including changes in the technical environment.
- Prioritize project resources, contractors, cost and timelines according to plan to ensure on time and on within budget delivery
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques. Make appropriate recommendations based on results.
- Ensure identification, logging and resolution of project/program risks, issues, actions and decisions, assessing their impact and elevating to key stakeholders and leadership to guarantee project/program deliverables are met. Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors. Build and maintain positive cross-functional relationships to efficiently deliver high-quality products. Continuously identify project/program risk through assessment and risk reduction/mitigation plans to ensure team members are driving toward mitigation of risks.
- Create and present project communication visuals to sponsors, leaders and other key stakeholders for each phase of the project, as well as weekly status reports. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation. Translate business needs into appropriate technical actions.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Services, Project Management or Business is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Five or more years of experience in Project Management & Deployment are required.
- Knowledge of veterinary health businesses and their technology offerings are required.
- A solid understanding of the Change Management philosophy is required.
- Experience delivering projects through Hybrid Project Management (including Sprint Delivery Model) is required.
- A sound working knowledge of Smartsheet, ServiceNow and Microsoft Office Tools (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) are required.
- Quick-learning and people agility skills are required.
- The ability to be comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments is required.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead and influence colleagues, cross-functional teams and leaders are required.
- Experience managing multiple tasks and large, complex projects simultaneously within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial-type work environment is required.
- Understanding of data, analytics and business intelligence is preferred.
- Project Management Certification is preferred.
- Healthcare background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. MVH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. MVH complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every MVH location. #remote
Apply on company website