If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference – and real change in the health care industry – you belong at Banner Staffing Services. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
About Banner Staffing Service WR
Supporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country's most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position is responsible for the evaluation, planning, administration and supervision of Physical Therapy treatment in accordance with physician referral, state and national organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Evaluates patient's functional abilities and limitations. Determines if intervention is needed. Establishes a plan of care and treatment goals. Completes comprehensive evaluation within the established time frame set by the department. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Establishes treatment goals that are functional, measurable, patient related and reflects the key limiting factors. Collaborates with patient and family/caregiver when setting goals. Initiates discharge planning. Recommends additions to or modifications of referring orders.
- Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner. Assesses ongoing effectiveness of treatment and modifies plan of care as indicated. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
- Documents according to professional practice guidelines set by regulatory agencies. Documents legibly. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents evidence based and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects skilled intervention and comprehensive assessment of the patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies.
- Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care.Communicates evaluation/treatment results and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Accepts responsibility to contact physicians for routine or difficult problem solving to ensure optimal patient outcome. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature.
- Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
- Demonstrates appropriate supervision and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. Supervision and delegation of the PTA, ATC, Therapy Technician and student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
- Department operational activities. Attends department required meetings and/or follows up to obtain pertinent information. Participates in departmental/facility process improvement. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
Must be a graduate of a Physical Therapy program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) or its equivalent.
Must possess a current Physical Therapy license within the State of practice or Current Compact Privilege in the current state of practice. BLS certification required.
Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job. Demonstrates behaviors and provides thorough answers to job related experiential questions.
Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment. Patient care equipment, evaluation tools, and therapeutic modalities. Copier, multi-line feature telephone, fax machine, computer, pager, and miscellaneous office equipment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website