JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: To improve the quality of life of patients and families by coordinating patient care processes of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in collaboration with the patient, family, physician, and appropriate support services for the age population served, as defined in the department's scope of service.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their job.
• Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and their families, physicians, and the community.
• Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and vital signs.
• Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the customer asks.
• Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
• Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of customers through personal action and attention to the environment of care.
• Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
• Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal requirements of the position and department.
• Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational records.
• Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials; communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
• Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments. Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even when workload and demands are high.
• Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity, and fairness.
• Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
• Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
• Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work processes.
• Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work processes.
• Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality initiatives.
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost management practices.
• Effectively manages time and resources
• Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of the organization — material, human, and financial.
• Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee safety practices.
• Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and emphasizes patient and employee safety.
• Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries or potential injuries.
• Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee safety standards at all times.
• Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques, equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Coordinates patient assessment through collection of patient's health data.
• Prioritizes data collection based on the patient's immediate condition or needs.
• Performs ongoing and systematic comprehensive physical and psychosocial assessments.
• Involves the patient, significant others and health care providers as appropriate.
• Performs functional, nutritional and other screenings and ensures triggers are complete.
• Identifies and coordinates the need for further assessment by discipline.
• Documents patient care assessments in the medical record.
2. Analyzes patient assessments to determine nursing diagnoses and identifies expected outcomes.
• Determines nursing diagnoses using assessment data.
• Identifies patient outcomes based on the nursing diagnoses.
• Outcomes are prioritized based on the patent's condition and needs.
• Nursing diagnoses and outcomes are documented in the medical record.
• Triage assessment on all patients and follows protocols according to established department guidelines and policies.
• Demonstrates ability to proficiently assess patients in every age group.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the management of patients receiving Procedural Sedation.
3. Coordinates an interdisciplinary plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
• Collaborates with appropriate disciplines and integrates various assessments to formulate an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and current nursing practice standards.
• Reviews and updates the plan of care as the patient condition changes, at least every day.
• Documents the plan of care in the medical record.
4. Implements the interventions identified in the plan of care.
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary health care team to deliver direct patient care utilizing nursing practice standards, and universal blood and body fluid precautions.
• Uses interventions that are consistent with the patient's plan of care.
• Maintains patient rights.
• Ensures that patients receive the appropriate treatments and medications in a timely manner.
• Delegates patient care to other members of the health care team; ensures the delegated task(s) are within the scope of practice of the assigned individual and maintains oversight and accountability.
• Coordinates direct patient care from appropriate support services.
• Provides individualized patient education to patient and families.
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to plan patient discharge.
• Documents all treatments, medications, patient/family education and ongoing assessments.
5. Evaluates the patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
• Performs ongoing and systematic reassessment according to department standard or more frequently based on patient condition.
• Revises nursing diagnoses, outcomes and plan of care based on reassessments.
• Involves the patient, significant others and healthcare team in the evaluation and update of plan of care as appropriate.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of treatments, medications and patient teaching.
6. Responsible for the assessment and care of patient recovering from Cardiovascular Diagnostic procedures.
• Proficiently assesses and manages the CVDL patient care.
7. Responsible for assisting and monitoring during Cardioversion procedures.
• Correctly sets up procedure following department guidelines.
• Monitors settings and correctly makes adjustments as needed.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the application of electrodes and paddles.
8. Administers and monitors Procedural Sedation.
• Demonstrates proficiency in management of patients receiving Procedural Sedation.
9. Responsible for performing appropriate interpretation of ECG rhythm strips and management of interventions.
• Identifies and notifies physician of significant changes in patient's ECG.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the interventions for cardiac arrhythmias according to AHA standards of Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1 year Nursing experience preferred
ACLS within 1 year
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Current Louisiana RN licensure
Knowledge of basic ECG rhythm interpretation
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Medical records without limitation both paper and electronic, patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient information related to surgery or appointment schedules, medical records related to quality data, patient financial information, patient billing 3rd party, patient related complaints, information related to patient location, and/or patients' religious beliefs.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE, exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient identification, administers medications/blood products, receives orders for patients, validates patients for any procedure/surgery, transports, monitors or observes patients for procedures including infusion pumps, monitors clinical alarms, and collects blood samples.
Apply on company website