Finance Manager – FP&A (Real Estate)
We are seeking a talented FP&A Manager to join our growing Finance team! This is a unique opportunity for a proactive individual looking for a highly strategic and impactful role supporting the Real Estate efforts to achieve our growth initiatives. This individual is expected to be highly analytical, possess solid cross functional leadership skills, and proficient in communicating results to a broad audience.
This position is expected to lead development and execution of our Real Estate strategy through advancement of our long range market expansion planning, lead CAPEX investment review of new market/store investments, conduct detailed hindsight analysis that drives a deeper understanding of our business and improvement in current processes, and developing competitor insights and analysis that drives strategic decision making. In addition, the manager will perform all required ad-hoc research into the effectiveness of various strategies and provide insights into their contribution and recommendations on how to improve. This role will report to Director of FP&A.
- Partner with cross functional leaders to develop Real Estate LRP through scenario development and deep financial modeling
- Support the coordination, analysis, preparation, and presentation of strategic real estate plans in the preparation of proforma financial models used to make investment decisions. Develop detailed financial analysis with a goal of building an accurate and objective representation of new store performance
- Conduct hind-sight analysis to match pro-forma results with actuals. Use learnings from hind-sight analysis to increase accuracy of financial models going forward
- Monitor the competitive landscape in furniture, real estate and retail to help benchmark Bob's Discount Furniture results and plans. Raise awareness of competitor results and actions, develop internal communications plans and follow-up
- Ability to think broadly and independently while actively listening to business leader insights.
- In addition to the primary relationship with Real Estate, work with leaders in Store Operations, Strategy and Marketing as needed to build cohesive plans
- Strong ability to triangulate facts through various data sources to support business cases
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or Economics
- 5 years in various Finance roles with exposure to different functional areas with accomplishments in each role
- Ability to establish credibility with senior leaders and functional experts
- Thrive in a high performance, fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment often in ambiguous circumstances while prioritizing business needs
- Balance multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines with limited supervision. Proven thought leadership skills, including the ability to be innovative and be able to drive results both as an individual and team environment.
- Proven quantitative and analytical skills with a high emphasis on quality of work – including accuracy, connection to business drivers and clarity to end customers
- Demonstrate high level of intellectual curiosity that translates into new approaches to business issues
- Strong understanding of Retail performance drivers – past experience is a plus
- Exceptional and advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills and proficiency in working with different systems to retrieve and analyze data.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting financial documents and financial modeling.
- Ability to work with massive amounts of data and summarize and convey findings.
- Ability to leverage large datasets at all levels of an organization from manager to the CEO
- Ability to use historical trends to develop dynamic forecasting models.
- Ability to leverage data in disparate systems and determine/confirm the accuracy of such data.
- Experience preparing reports/presentations for Senior Management and Boards of Directors.
- Experience partnering with leaders across the Enterprise to analyze their results of operations and guide them to make adjustments as necessary.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Masters Degree in Business
- Experience supporting real estate efforts of a Retail business
Bob's Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.
Apply on company website