The Senior Compensation Consultant will be instrumental in shaping the compensation function at Bob's. In partnership with the Compensation Manager, this role has a tremendous ability to shape how we position compensation and incentives to fuel the company's dynamic growth, define and build a sustainable structure around compensation philosophy, and be a strategic business partner to key leaders of the business.
- Partners closely with Compensation Manager to build a sustainable foundation for a rapidly growing company, including developing a strategic compensation philosophy, building strong job families and functions and establishing defined compensation policies and practices
- Strategically and proactively acts as a compensation partner to assigned business area(s), including design, execution and management of competitive pay programs, benchmarking of roles and recommendation and management of hourly hire rates.
- Provides consultative services to executive management, business partners, and hiring managers regarding compensation and salary administration, including, but not limited to, job pricing and market analysis, salary changes, bonuses, and resolution of highly complex issues.
- Develops reporting and presentation of compensation data that frames a business decision and facilitates strategic and timely decision-making with business partners.
- Performs annual calibration of compensation for existing roles and adjustments to overall pay grade structures as necessary.
- Assists in execution of the annual Merit Performance Appraisal process, providing compensation coaching, timely execution, and reporting to leverage sound merit investments.
- Participates in exempt and nonexempt salary surveys that provide the necessary business intelligence to ensure competitiveness and appropriate investments in talent.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand, interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, rules, ordinances, and regulations related to compensation administration, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Closely monitors state minimum wage guidance and ensures proactive changes as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 4+ years Compensation experience required
- Solid understanding of FLSA rules and Wage and Hour laws required
- Experience submitting and analyzing survey submissions, as well as utilizing survey management and compensation pricing tools (ex. PayFactors, MarketPay, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Bachelors' degree in related field preferred
- This role will be based out of our Home Office in Manchester, CT, but due to current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, this role will be temporarily remote.
Expected Hours of Work and Travel
- This role requires minimal travel, if any.
Bob's Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.
Apply on company website