Sr. FP&A Analyst - Stores
We are seeking a talented Sr. FP&A Analyst to join our growing Finance Team! This is a unique opportunity for a proactive individual looking for a transformational, challenging, and fast paced role supporting our efforts to achieve our sales and profitability goals. This individual is expected to be highly analytical and proficient in communicating results to a broad audience.
This primary focus of this position is to lead organizational sales budgeting and forecast processes, leading the advancement of sales insights and analytics, and supporting strategic decision making through testing/business case development. This secondary focus of this position is to support Stores expense budgeting and forecast processes. This role will lead cross functional projects and processes of a highly analytical nature, and will need to be able to quickly build trust and credibility to be effective. In addition, this role is expected to perform ad-hoc analysis of business performance and the effectiveness of various strategies, providing actionable insights and recommendations on how to improve the business.
- Support the Sr. Director FP&A in leading the budgeting, forecasting, and reporting process of organizational sales and stores expense to highlight and better understand business trends.
- Develop new methods for analyzing sales trends and drivers. This includes incorporating Marketing investments into business results, advancing our understanding of customer centric trends, and analyzing external competitive trends and their impact on business performance.
- Lead Stores expense budgeting, forecasting, and reporting with a focus on optimizing variable expenses to drive sales and profitability.
- Leading Test & Learn execution and measurement, ensuring data driven methodology is applied to organizational testing resulting in actionable insights that fuels business innovation.
- Develop new analytical methods and insights that deepen understanding of business drivers including impact from Marketing investments, Customer trends, and Merchandise sales trends. Automate new insight reporting by developing dashboards in Power BI.
- Hindsight business results versus budget/forecast and last year on a daily/monthly/quarterly/ad-hoc basis to develop succinct, actionable go-forward strategies to drive sales.
- Create, distribute, and present daily, weekly, and monthly reports to various levels of management.
- Analyze and track strategic initiatives, including development of supporting models and impact on selling equation.
- Create Ad-hoc research, modeling, what if analysis and reporting as needed while automating reporting whenever necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related field
- 4+ years of experience developing business strategies for a retail business
- Outstanding analytical skills and a proven ability to connect data analysis with business issues and decisions. Advanced Excel (heavy use of If statements, Sumifs, Countifs, Index/Match) and modeling skills.
- Ability to communicate complex analysis to broad range of audience
- Cross functional leadership experience. Ability to establish credibility with senior leaders and functional experts
- Demonstrate high level of intellectual curiosity that translates into new approaches to business issues
- Thrive in a high performance, fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Balance multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines with limited supervision. Proven thought leadership skills, including the ability to be innovative and be able to drive results both as an individual and team environment
- Previous Retail experience strongly preferred
- Power BI or similar ERP experience in developing automated reporting and insights
Bob's Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.
Apply on company website