The Communications and Outreach Manager continually develops the CareerLAB brand by leading marketing, communications, and social media activities. The position manages planning and logistics for all CareerLAB events including career fairs, CareerCons, and CareerLAB programs, works collaboratively with CareerLAB staff and other Brown stakeholders to develop and maintain print and digital materials that support CareerLAB's mission, strategic plan, and learning outcomes, such as editing publications, maintaining the CareerLab website, developing video content, and utilizing metrics to monitor effectiveness of messaging. The position supervises four student interns.
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of directly related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience in the areas of Marketing, Communications, Branding, Business Administration, Psychology, or Public Relations.
- Exceptional communication and marketing skills: written, visual, and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional organizational, project, and process management skills; accuracy and follow through; ability to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Understanding of diverse audiences and ability to communicate with creativity, simplicity and clarity.
- Collaborative work style, strong team player; open-mindedness, inclusiveness and flexibility; ability to work and build collaborations with diverse communities; value individual diversity and identity in many different forms.
- Focus on learning, data collection and analysis, making informed decisions
- Customer service orientation and the ability to build relationships with all CareerLAB stakeholders (colleagues, students, employers, faculty, staff, alumni, parents)
- Expertise using and managing social media accounts (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience designing and editing print and digital communications; proficiency with visual design, graphic design, website design is strongly preferred.
- Experience creating, editing, and publishing video content (to platforms such as Youtube or Vimeo) is preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office is required.
- Experience with communications-related applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Google Apps, Camtasia, HTML, and web-based content management tools (such as Wordpress) is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend events and programs.
Criminal and education verification
Recruiting Start Date:2019-05-10-07:00
Job Posting Title:Communications and Outreach Manager
Department:Center for Careers and Life After Brown
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website