Data Analyst & Applications Specialist
Computing and Information Services
This is a key position within the Salesforce team in the Computing & Information Services. This position will be responsible for the reporting of student and program data for School of Professional Studies, Pre-College Division, University partners, and external stakeholders. This work includes developing standardized metrics and reports, developing and, as needed, modifying reports, charts, and visualizations; and fulfilling data requests on behalf of university units utilizing Salesforce CRM. This position will handle day-to-day reporting needs via University systems (including SalesForce, TouchNet, CollegeNet, and Banner) using reporting tools such as Tableau and Cognos to create complex spreadsheets, tables, charts, and other data visualizations. This position will be responsible for providing reporting and data collection information in delivered and ad hoc request formats. This position will be required to handle multiple data requests and should be able to evaluate needs and develop automated delivery. This position should work to create and maintain efficient and effective reporting standards. This position will run daily admissions processing jobs in Banner and Salesforce needed to push Executive Programs recruit & admit records into Banner and Salesforce for review. This position will also be responsible for accurate and consistent oversight of annual report data.
In addition, the Specialist will support all program applications, systems, and the products used to deliver consistently strong outreach and technical acumen to multiple constituencies. This position requires consistent and intensive efforts within a concentrated development cycle to enhance current functionality internal and external to the office.
This role requires the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and a demonstrated history of being able to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight timelines within a task-based and project management framework.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 1 - 2 years of related experience
- Experience with Salesforce required.
- Experience with Banner, CollegeNet, TouchNet and other student systems preferred.
- Experience with report writing and using report writing tools Cognos or similar products preferred.
- Experience in mapping business requirements to functional and technical requirements.
- Assist with technical troubleshooting, production support and maintenance of applications.
- Experience with an academic environment preferred.
- Experience using SQL preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite, especially Access and Excel
- Experience using Google services preferred.
- Excellent data entry skills and ability to handle large amounts of data.
- Organized & strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
Successful completion of a criminal background check and education verification required.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-10-23-07:00
Job Posting Title:Data Analyst & Applications Specialist
Department:Office of Chief Digital Officer & CIO
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website