The Digital Marketing Strategist in Brown's Office of University Communications (OUC) serves as strategist and analyst for integrated digital marketing communications campaigns and projects that sustain and build the University's global engagement among a range of constituents. The Digital Marketing Strategist implements campaigns and projects that include content and email marketing, paid social media, display advertising, and analytics. The Digital Marketing Strategist monitors owned and paid digital communication channels within OUC and works with communicators in units across Brown to align strategies, tools and resources for effective integrated digital marketing.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Digital Content Strategy, the Digital Marketing Strategist serves as deputy to the Director and is part of a team of marketing staff responsible for producing creative video, photography, social media, and digital marketing strategy and content to engage the campus community, current and prospective students and their families, stakeholders across the state and region, and the many audiences around the globe interested in the activities of Brown.
This role is responsible for managing a small team of student interns that helps create engaging content for audiences across Brown University's umbrella social media channels. Managerial responsibilities include meeting with students, time tracking, scheduling, and assigning projects to ensure student interns deliver engaging, on-brand content in a timely manner. The Digital Marketing Strategist collaborates regularly with a range of campus partners within an integrated team of more than 40 marketing and communications professionals in the Office of University Communications. The Office offers cohesive marketing strategies, visual identity and multi-platform visual design; web and digital communications strategy and front-end development; photography; video production; and print production and mail services to the Brown community, with a focus on serving mission-central offices at Brown.
- Required: bachelor's degree
- Minimum five years of demonstrated success in developing, implementing, and measuring creative digital marketing campaigns that include web pages, email marketing, social media, video, digital advertising, etc.
- Demonstrated success leveraging emerging technologies to meet marketing communications goals
- Demonstrated experience managing content and marketing strategies on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or other prevailing social media platforms in higher education, business, or political industries
- Experience measuring, analyzing, and reporting digital metrics
- Experience navigating and complying with laws and statutes governing privacy, copyright, fair use and other areas of intellectual property as it pertains to distributing content
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in using technology and digital tools to meet communications and project management goals
- Strong visual aesthetic and experience with multimedia storytelling
- Proficiency in using tools for composing mobile stories for digital storytelling, including smartphones, tablets and associated apps
- Experience measuring, analyzing, and reporting digital metrics to meet project goals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire other communicators
- Ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
- Broad interest in and understanding of higher education
This position may require occasional nights and weekends for digital storytelling of special events and programs.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Recruiting Start Date:2022-07-27-07:00
Job Posting Title:Digital Marketing Strategist
Department:Office of University Communications
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Position Classification:Hybrid Eligible
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website