Brown University seeks a future-focused technologist to collaborate with as our Learning Technologies Administrator. This position is a member of the Digital Learning & Design team, within the Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning, that includes learning designers, learning technologists, and digital media producers supporting Brown faculty in exemplary methods of integrating technology into the teaching environment for all Brown courses. The Learning Technologies Administrator position administers and manages our learning management system (Canvas) and its associated integrations. The person in this position will collaborate with their colleagues on the Learning Technologies team to provide support, training, and documentation for our learning platforms for all Brown instructors. This role also partners with departments and academic programs that use Canvas for their course needs to identify, streamline, and coordinate how to best leverage our technology resources to meet their needs. This position also participates in the research, integration, and deployment of new learning technologies as the landscape of available platforms and learning needs change.
Successful candidates will have experience working with stakeholders to assess learning technology needs as well as a background in supporting users of a learning management system (LMS). In addition to the identified qualifications, the Sheridan Center is interested in candidates who have demonstrated commitment toward building an equitable and diverse environment.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 3-5 years experience providing academic support as an instructional technologist preferably in a College/University setting.
- Learning management system administration.
- System integrations such as LTIs and groups infrastructure.
- Knowledge of web development tools.
- Ability to understand and implement the fundamentals of instructional technology concepts.
- Project management skills, such as detail orientation and attentiveness to timelines.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student and faculty population.
- Conversant in the literature on inclusive, evidence-based teaching and learning.
- Reflective practice (e.g., openness to feedback and input, attentive to professional development needs).
- Strong commitment to collaboration and collegial interactions.
- Highly effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Recruiting Start Date:2022-05-26-07:00
Job Posting Title:Learning Technologies Administrator
Department:Teaching and Learning/Sheridan Center
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Position Classification:Hybrid Eligible
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website