The Research Nurse Practitioner (NP) will provide medical support to research studies. Specifically, the primary functions of this position are to review medical histories with research participants, perform a brief physical examination to determine eligibility for the study, review health updates and adverse event reports from study participants, determine relatedness of those events to the research, take and/or recommend steps to mitigate those events, perform blood and other biological sample collection on research participants, process these biological samples, maintain sample inventory, and prepare samples for transport/shipping.
- Required: MSN or DNP from an accredited program of nursing.
- Required: Current and unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license in the state of Rhode Island.
- Required: Current and unrestricted Nurse Practitioner Certification from an accredited board of nursing certification (i.e. American Academy of Nurse Practitioners National Certification Board [AANPCB] or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Required: Current certification as an Adult, Family, Emergency, or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.
- Required: At least 3 years of nursing experience.
- Preferred: At least 5 years of direct experience with IV insertion, phlebotomy, and related procedures. Must demonstrate competence in IV/phlebotomy checklist by end of introductory period or position will be forfeited.
- Preferred: Some experience with blood sample processing preferred but not required.
- Preferred: At least 2 years of related work experience in clinical/laboratory research setting preferred.
- Preferred: Experience in administering EKGs preferred but not required.
- Required: Current certification in CPR.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
This fixed-term full-time position is funded through July 31, 2020 and may be extended through 2024, based on the continued availability of grant funding.
Criminal Background check and educational verification required.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-09-10-07:00
Job Posting Title:Research Nurse Practitioner
Department:Center for Alcohol & Addiction Studies
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website