Brown University seeks a Supervisor, Custodial Services to be responsible for supervising custodial staff so that buildings and assets of the University are clean and well maintained. This is a 3rd shift (11pm-7am) position, and the workweek is from Friday at 11pm - Weds. at 7am. Ensures high quality fulfillment of cleaning tasks by assigning appropriate number of staff needed, ensuring availability of proper equipment, training staff in appropriate methods, evaluating staff performance, soliciting customer feedback for use in appraising staff and coordinating other tasks, as needed, to complement the overall custodial program. Performs, in a professional and timely manner, a variety of administrative functions in support of the overall goals of the Custodial Division, including but not limited to: submission of payroll data, maintenance of key control system, maintenance of attendance records, management of work orders, administering the safety program for assigned staff, administration of collective bargaining agreement between the University and USAWRI. Must be able to work required weekend and holiday rotations. Must have experience in a service – oriented field, leadership and team building skills. Required to perform visual inspections of all locations under their responsibility.
- Requires an Associates degree and 2-4 years' custodial / janitorial experience or equivalent. 2 years' experience supervising union employees or in labor relations preferred.
- Must be willing and able to support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, procedures, equipment, tools and materials common to the custodial / janitorial profession.
- Knowledge of general industry safety practices and standards within the custodial profession.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of supervision of bargaining unit employees.
- Excellent customer oriented service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thoughtful and assertive approach to dealing with personnel matters, and dealing with conflict.
- Must possess the ability to work in a collaborative, diverse environment. Responsible for the custodial budget aspects related to the key station.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft™ Office Software and ability to process time & attendance, and work order scheduling), proficiently.
- Schedule, and prepare agendas for through and informative staff meetings. Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of information and plan appropriate response.
- Ability to supervise, train, and evaluate the work of others, in a fair and well thought out narrative.
- Ability to read, interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to be flexible and responsive. Demonstrated commitment to customer service. Ability to foster a collaborative, team centered environment.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and assign work orders to staff to increase productivity, eliminate wasteful time, and improve customer service.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal and DMV background check.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-08-23-07:00
Job Posting Title:Supervisor, Custodial Services
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website