The Payroll Assistant is responsible for administrative duties within the Payroll Department. Primary duties include updating employee information in the payroll software, processing Income Withholding Orders (IWOs), acknowledging employee inquiries, shipping checks, responding to VOEs, and any other administrative tasks assigned by the Payroll Manager.
- Responding to employee requests within the payroll software—i.e., changes of address and name changes.
- Responding to IWOs, sending the notices to our Payroll Provider, and communicating with affected employees.
- Fixing missed punches in the timekeeping software and responding to other time clock-related requests.
- Shipping and tracking all manual checks.
- Responding to VOEs related to income withholding orders.
- Setting up income withholding orders and answering related employee inquiries.
- Assisting Payroll Staff with responses to employee inquiries.
- Answering phone calls and relaying messages to the Payroll Staff.
- Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem solving inside and outside the department/organization.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness in reaching set goals by adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Oral Communication: Shaping and expressing ideas and information in an effective manner.
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
- Written Communication: Expressing ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents; utilizing language and terminology.
This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to sit for long periods.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous payroll experience preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply on company website