WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Under the direction of the Collections Lead, collect delinquent loans on a timely basis by working with clients and Relationship Managers to bring accounts current within department policy and procedures and maintain department goals while delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Early collection of past due mortgages, home equity loans, credit cards, small business loans and consumer loans.
- Daily monitor electronic assigned collection queue(s) to work past due accounts as they populate the queue.
- Monitor delinquent property tax report and take action to collect delinquent property taxes as needed.
- Contact delinquent loan clients daily via telephone or email to resolve delinquency issues. Communication cannot take place outside of hours specified by FDCPA (8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. client's time zone). Take incoming calls from clients and colleagues.
- Document all conversations, information and account changes via the collection systems (AFS, IBS & Total Systems) to ensure a complete and accurate record of the delinquency and its resolution is kept. Schedule and maintain follow-up correspondence, contact and action as necessary.
- Facilitate collection of payment to bring loans current or pay them off according to bank policy as well as state and federal laws.
- Ensure compliance with FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) and SBC Collections procedures.
- Meet department goals for delinquency resolution by contacting and resolving the greatest number of customer issues to reduce bank risk. Maintain delinquency rates within established guidelines.
- Work with other departments to resolve issues related to misapplied payments, delinquent taxes, matured loans, etc.
- Provide customer service to the branches or other colleagues as required on sensitive accounts.
- Proactively identify collection issues that may require senior level support and promptly solicit that support to ensure the appropriate level of follow up and effective customer service.
- Recommend waivers to retain loans in the unit portfolio based on upon policy guidelines and time frames.
- Recommend transfers to SAD if customer is not cooperative, unable to pay or upon recognition that credit requires additional workout expertise to preclude future losses.
- Ensure timely transfer of delinquent loans to SAD per department guidelines
- Complete appropriate documentation and obtain required approvals to retain or transfer delinquent credits to SAD (Administrative Action form, Problem Credit Management form, etc.).
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established bank programs, such as Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Affirmative Action.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other related discipline
- 4-7 years Minimum of 7 years experience in the collection and/or restructuring of loans and credit cards. Req
- Experience as a telephone collector.
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 7 years experience in collection or a work out area with a financial institution.
- Highly knowledgeable of banking and fair collecting regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Solid research and analysis skills.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website