CREDIT OFFICER II CB
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a Commercial Banking team. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Validates the credit analysis prepared by the Credit Analysts and provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before Credit Risk Recommendation ("CRR") is submitted.
Commercial Banking Division
As a member of City National's Commercial Banking group, you will help to provide expertise and financing solutions to mid-market businesses and organizations with professional management, headquartered in the United States. By listening and understanding the client's needs, the team delivers specialized service and industry-specific expertise to help solve challenges for companies that are growing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Reviews loan request application and financial information and third party reporting (e.g., RE appraisal, Environmental reports, ABL Examinations, Inventory Appraisal, etc); evaluates and determines credit structure and terms; fully underwrites CRR consistent with Bank format, policies and procedures; determines sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors. Ensures CRR contains a well supported recommendation or decision; the risk rating is correct and supported; and the data and analytics used to support the decision are accurate and calculated correctly.
- Attends client meetings at Relationship Manager, CBS Manager, or Credit Manager's request to facilitate delivery of credit product and/or assist in problem resolution. Contacts borrowers directly, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
- Provides balanced and appropriate credit guidance to Relationship Manager and Manager and collaborates in determining appropriate credit strategy.
- Provides credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Authors credit approval memorandum.
- Provides input to the Relationship Manager and Manager when loan pricing does not appear to reflect inherent risk in subject transaction. Pricing may be either too high or to low. Restructures loans and/or lines of credit as required. Assumes accountability for minimizing Bank losses.
- Performs quarterly Problem Loan reporting for Criticized / Classified credits including: financial reviews of client's financial condition including monitoring covenants and conditions. Takes a proactive approach toward development and implementation of Action Plans. Escalates potential credit issues to Relationship Manager, CBS Manager and/or Credit Manager.
- Has primary role in early problem loan identification and the timely and accurate changes in loan grades. Monitors and takes initiative to respond to past dues based in partnership with Relationship Manager.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the Credit Manager and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- May coordinate loan documentation including work with legal, CLC, or other outside counsel to obtain the correct, accurate documents to ensure all loan are documented to fully protect the Bank's interests in the credit relationship. Reviews collateral periodically to minimize credit exposure.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- College degree in Business Administration or a related field
- minimum of five to eight years experience in underwriting medium size commercial loans.
Skills and Knowledge
- Complete understanding of commercial credit policies and procedures.
- Wide application of credit principles and concepts.
- Strong credit analysis and accounting skills with the ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
In order to be hired and work at City National Bank, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
#LI-TTEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website