DIVISION BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE MANAGER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Private Banking executive leadership team depends upon accurate, timely, and well-synthesized information about sales and service activity in order to inform decision-making and assess staff performance. This role is responsible for both designing the systems that produce this information, and, analyzing the information to identify trends and issues. The role's typical activities will include: engaging senior managers for business requirements, collaborating with technology managers to acquire data; designing and building dashboards to visualize KPI's; analyzing those metrics for insights; and, helping those senior managers use those tools and insights in their roles. This role is expected to lead a transformation of the division's business intelligence capability through direct and indirect management of other resources. In particular, the role will partner with Technology resources to access and extend the available systems for consuming enterprise data, which include Salesforce, Tableau, Einstein Analytics / Tableau CRM, Snowflake, Microsoft PowerBI, and proprietary SQL databases.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- 1. Understand CNB's Private Banking business & our business intelligence needs
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the wealth management space and CNB's strategy to succeed.
- Assess the current business intelligence reports for their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establish relationships with key business stakeholders and analyze their goals and needs for information.
- Identify KPI's required to produce insightful analysis / reporting and enable executive decision-making.
- 2. Understand the data sources available and develop the tools to integrate and access that data
- Study and develop a practical understanding of the bank's key systems for client information and metrics, including Salesforce Sales and Marketing clouds, CityData, CIS, CRISP, OFSAA (Oracle Financials), and Callidus (performance measurement & compensation).
- Design effective analytical data models in Snowflake or similar tools for integrating and extending this data so that it can be used by multiple parties within the division.
- Develop automated processes to acquire, transform and load the data, while monitoring quality and validity, using SQL and other data transport tools.
- Influence the design of Salesforce to capture the data needed to drive effective reporting.
- Over time, transform the current data and reporting stack from one based on MS Access and Excel to a modern toolset that complies with bank and regulatory policies (e.g., Snowflake, Azure, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.).
- 3. Analyze the data to produce useful insights about trends, relationships, staff performance and the quality of the data
- Analyze the data to identify common problems (missing data, new key values, inconsistencies, invalid values, etc.), and, continuously monitor and resolve those issues.
- Produce ad hoc analysis as required from executive stakeholders and deliver in various formats according to the need (Excel, PowerPoint, dashboards, etc.).
- Perform independent analysis to identify the important segments, drivers, breakpoints, and patterns.
- Deliver these insights to senior managers via written and verbal presentations, formal and informal.
- Incorporate those insights into the production reports and dashboards for use by the management team.
- 4. Develop insightful reports and dashboards for use by all levels of management
- Develop an innate understanding of the management team's information needs by participating in management discussions.
- Capture requirements through interviews with senior managers and executives and synthesize them into coherent designs.
- Develop dashboards and reports for interactive and static delivery using Salesforce, Tableau, Einstein Analytics / Tableau CRM, Power BI, and similar tools.
- Teach and enable other reporting analysts to run routine monthly report production processes to meet the needs of the division.
- Adapt and learn new technologies as the enterprise business intelligence tools evolve.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with CRM-related business intelligence tools required, including some or all of these tools: Salesforce, Einstein Analytics, Tableau, and Snowflake
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a banking/financial services environment required
- Minimum of 5 years of sales performance reporting and analysis experience required
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Excel and SQL capabilities, including complex formula/function development, writing macros, utilizing PivotTables and other methods to manipulate large datasets, including accessing ODBC data sources and SQL data manipulation
- Highly developed skills in Salesforce, Einstein Analytics, Tableau, Access Data Base, Excel, and Query capabilities, to enable data management and effective/efficient reporting and analytics. Proficiency in Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement analytical databases from scratch and implement efficient data sourcing strategies (batch and real-time)
- Performance measurement experience and strong analytical skills required, with an ability to arrive at logical and quick conclusions, and to facilitate structured decision-making for teams and stakeholder groups.
- Proven track record leading successful data transformation initiatives; able to lead specific projects and direct the work of others; highly developed teamwork behaviors.
- Must be self-directed and able to drive progress in fast-paced dynamic environment; demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables concurrently, with highly effective organizational and time management skills. Good planning and project coordination skills.
- Must be able to actively work with and interface with stakeholders at every level of the organization, requiring excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, and consultative approach capabilities.
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, and utilizes insights to identify opportunities or issues and recommend solutions.
- Able to work both independently with limited supervision; and a strong team player and collaborative partner with peers and others to collectively solve problems, and contribute to or lead projects. Able to engage and help train less experienced team members.
- Demonstrated skill at issues resolution and problem solving, including ability to research and determine root causes and engaging partners in solutions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website