INVESTMENT RELATIONSHIP OFFICER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Assist Financial Advisors by providing day to day client support and operational service on all CNS Investment Advisory Program and client-directed accounts, to affluent individuals and their families within the Bank's Personal and Business Banking Group. Provide account maintenance and oversight and provide clients with accurate, timely and extensive information to ensure quality service and client retention. Cultivate and maintain on-going client relationships by introducing and cross selling other financial products and services. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and Bank colleagues of all levels and in a variety of settings.
Wealth Management Division: City National Securities
As a member of City National Securities, the company's brokerage services group, you will be part of the exceptional team that caters to investors who prefer to actively manage their investments and make buy/sell decisions. City National Securities offers a full range of investment capabilities, and delivers personalized service to help clients manage their investments with confidence.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Investment Advisory Program Account AdministrationOpen Investment Advisory Program accounts and work directly with clients, Financial Advisors, CNS Investment Operations and CNB Trust Operations to open, fund, and provide ongoing support and service. Ensure all CIP and KYC requirements are complete.Prepare all new account documents, account transfers (acats), DTC delivery of securities, money movements including cash disbursements and deposits, wires, IRA distributions, and contributions, and all regulatory correspondence. Review daily reporting (i.e., overdrafts, uninvested cash, fee maintenance, etc) and ensure reporting and coding updates when policy and procedures change. Prepare all required SEC 17AC3-4(books and records) documents, letters, and correspondence needed for Program accounts. Complete annual administrative reviews. Review quarterly performance reports, investment objectives, current suitability on file and the Investment Policy statement to assist Financial Advisors to meet SEC requirements for annual investment reviews.Prepare operational reports for CNS Management to assist with the tracking and supervision of the Program accounts. Provide back-up support for client inquiries when Financial Advisors are unavailable and where knowledge of asset allocations and strategies is needed.Develop/Maintain strong working knowledge of IBS Insight, NFS,, SEI, CSS, Galaxy, Salesforce,, and other programs required for the day-to-day administration of client accounts.Interact with bank and CNS personnel as needed and keep Financial Advisors apprised of significant client issues and potential problems.
- City National Securities Brokerage Account Administration Establish new accounts opened in CNS on the NFS platform, CDARS, and 529Plans. Obtain all required CIP and KYC documentation for all accounts including personal, business (entity), fiduciary, and retirement accounts.Answer incoming operational and sales related phone calls for CNS Brokerage Accounts. Operational calls include tax documents, trade settlements, asset transfers, asset servicing, and client account maintenance. Process money market transfers, fixed income, mutual fund, and equity trades and provide technical support for CNS brokerage clients.Maintain appropriate knowledge of other Bank products and services, particularly those of Wealth Management. Has the ability analyze client needs, identify cross-sell opportunities and make appropriate referrals.Maintain a strong working knowledge of current economic and market events and their impact on various investment vehicles.Comply with and conform to all compliance and regulatory requirements of all regulatory authorities and of City National Securities and the CNS Advisory and Asset Allocation Products.Maintain a proactive commitment to established Bank programs, such as Customer First, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), and Affirmative Action.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Two to five years of Client Service or Operational experience at a Broker Dealer or in an investment management environment.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 and 65 or 66
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related area or equivalent experience preferred.
- Two to five years of Client Service or Operational experience at a Broker Dealer.
- Knowledge of SEC and FINRA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of National Financial Systems for brokerage accounts preferred.
- Knowledge of Equities, Mutual Funds, Fixed Income, IRA's, and 529 Plans preferred.
- Knowledge of CNS Investment program and products, asset allocation models and strategies.
- Thorough understanding of systems required for the opening and maintenance of Advisory accounts such as SEI, CSS, IBS Insight, Fasttax, OPR/IAV, Reports 2000, Advent and Infoshare. Knowledge of these systems allows the ongoing creation of ad hoc reports for multiple projects which arise any time there is a policy change or system implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, particularly on the telephone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of business.
- Ability to multi-task and perform with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with heavy workloads and high call volumes.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website