UX MANAGER WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? This role will be responsible for leading the UX and digital design team at City National Bank. UX and digital design is an emerging capability for the bank, and this individual will be a key contributor to the development of the team, and the process needed to support the work. The role sits within the Digital Channels team, so primary responsibilities are across mobile and web, but the position will have influence across critical internal and external properties. The Manager of Creative User Experience will also be responsible for assessment of talent, new hires, and agency selection – in conjunction with the Digital Product Head.
Marketing Product and Digital Division
As a member of our Marketing, Product and Digital team, you will have an exceptional opportunity to help grow your career while driving change across many facets of the business. The team is passionately focused on building our brand, supporting banking products and finding innovative ways to engage and retain clients.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Working with the Head of Digital Product, you will craft and drive the creative digital strategy to develop solutions that meet business and clients' objectives
- Lead different phases of a design process, from discovery to execution. Will be responsible for defining, documenting and socializing the CNB design philosophy across the organization
- Conceptualize and develop design strategies and solutions. Facilitate ideation and concept exploration
- Lead and manage the digital design team; hire new talent to bring best-in-class user experience talent to CNB
- Manage team workload, and agency support as needed
- Build strong business relationships with key stakeholders; promote collaboration within teams including Brand and Creative, content, and development engineers. Work closely with Product Owners and Managers to ensure digital product goals are being accomplished
- Continuously improve operations by bringing best practices in digital experience and design to the organization
- Ensure the proper customer research and design prototyping for strategic projects is identified and executed. Ensure that user-centered design is a core tenet of the digital property development at CNB.
- Develop design thought leadership for the bank, and promote efforts through networking, meet-ups, and speaking opportunities
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- A minimum of eight (8) years working in the creative domain
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience working in the following areas: Design, Digital, Graphic Design, User Experience Design, Design Innovation, Product Design or Design Strategy
- Minimum of six (6) years managing direct reports, and leading multiple initiatives
Skills and Knowledge
- BA or BSE in related field preferred
- Experience using time management skills (prioritizing / organizing; tracking details; meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates)
- Experience in working with and maximizing the effectiveness of usability testing.
- Intermediate experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or iRise/Axure or similar tools (i.e. can teach others how to use these programs and prototype)
- Familiar and comfortable with keeping up to date with emerging technology and impacts to interactive design (e.g. new input methodologies, HTML5, tablets, smartphones, etc.)
- 6+ years as a creative, UX lead, user experience manager, interaction designer, information architect.
- 6+ years of experience with e-commerce, online classifieds, online data-reporting or large-scale web application development initiatives is an attractive plus for this position.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
In order to be hired and work at City National Bank, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. #LI-MA1 #CA-MA1 Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website