As a member of the Digital Technologies Group, the Mobile Application Developer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining mobile applications for City National Bank. The group is continuously working to improve our Agile, Engineering, and DevOps practices and this role will be expected to actively participate in these efforts. At its core, this role requires excellent problem-solving skills and Kotlin/Java coding capability. Candidate will need to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence engineering and business team members across many projects and departmental boundaries. Additionally, candidate should not be afraid to get their hands dirty working incident responses, writing code, configuring applications, troubleshooting issues, digging into logs, looking at metrics, etc. Candidate will be a key member of successful independent teams that solve problems in an efficient and timely manner.Responsibilities
- Provides programming expertise and business analysis skills within an assigned business area, usually as a member of a project team, in analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business applications.
- Prepares programming specifications from which programs will be written, and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
- Prepares programming documentation and recommends changes in development, maintenance and application standards.
- Complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- *Bachelor's degree in technical area or technical training equivalent
- *Minimum 3 years' experience as a business or data/programmer analyst required.
- *Minimum 3 years' experience with industry standard tools and (i.e. Kotlin, Java, Android Studio) required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines preferred, or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- Requires approximately 3 to 7 years' experience in business application design and development.
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience in application development supporting enterprise Mobile Applications through the entire life-cycle.
- Significant hands-on Kotlin and Java
- Security principles -- encryption, authentication, authorization, integrity, auditing, pen testing etc. -- and how these are applied in a cloud environment
- Has good understanding of the business or function for which application is designed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Understanding of proper coding techniques and testing requirements.
- Proficient in debugging techniques and technical problem analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of project management technique is required.
- Experience with structured design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures.
- Development expertise in Kotlin & Java, Android Studio and Git
- Complete understanding of Object Orientated Programming, MVC, MVVM, Reactive Patterns using RxJava/RxAndroid and the Android Application Architecture
- DevOps / continuous integration technologies
- Automated testing practices for Android
- Experience with networking, including HTTP, SOAP and REST
- The ability to self-learn and quickly understand new and changing technologies in a fast-moving cloud world, how and if these changes can be leveraged to improve the solution and the overall impact of these in the technical design and operational delivery
- Experience with iOS SDK with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text and a familiarity with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch is a PLUS
- Financial services (Banking) experience a plus
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website