NETWORK ENGINEER IV
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The successful candidate will be responsible for network design and operations support activities, such as developing software automation solutions for configuring and monitoring our networking devices, reducing manual tasks, and improving service delivery and reliability. The successful candidate will lead maintenance and installation of routers, switches, access points, wireless LAN controllers and third party applications hardware and software. The successful candidate will also be an expert in supporting the bank's public cloud Azure network, lead major projects and be a source of reference for other network engineers and will participate in an on-call rotation.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Design and Support SDN - Cisco ACI Datacenter network
- Develops, verifies and writes automation testing tools.
- Integrates internally developed Python scripts and 3rd party Python libraries with automation platforms.
- Documents automation processes and workflows.
- Participates in creating automation standards for configuring networking devices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Azure cloud technologies and DevOps processes.
- Design, and Support Gigabit Ethernet Switching/Routing (EIGRP & BGP), IPv4
- Design, and Support Enterprise WIFI solutions. (Meraki)
- Build and Implement Diverse Wide Area Networking Environments
- Build and implement QoS for a voice / video / data network environment.
- Deploy diverse WAN environments using multi-carrier solutions – SDWAN experience a plus.
- Develops and generates conceptual, logical, and physical network architectures, resulting documents and drawings, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure sound architecture
- Provide operational support services for various WAN technologies.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Experience with Azure cloud networking preferred. Experience with AWS networking a plus.
- Work with internal and external customers to fill information gaps and communicate architecture and technical solutions.
- Support the acquisition of hardware and software.
- Perform Network Engineering and Architecture Duties for a distributed Wide Area Networking environment.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- *Bachelor's Degree.
- *Minimum 8 years in a network engineer role.
- *Minimum 8 years in managing complex network environments – More than 30 sites, 300 network equipment and redundant Data Center serving 1000+ employees
Skills and Knowledge
- Senior engineer level, carrier based experience in designing and implementing enterprise level networks, and data center network environments
- Senior level knowledge of BGP routing, QOS and other WAN based technologies
- Cisco switching and routing both customer and data center class (Nexus, ASR, ISRs) etc.
- Cisco ACI Datacenter network knowledge including scripting for automation
- Microsoft Azure networking experience. Azure certification a plus
- CCNP level routing/switching. CCIE level a plus
- Experience with LAN to include wireless as well as centralized content delivery services would be an added benefit
- 10+ years of Network Integration Experience
- Demonstrated experience with Layer 2, 3 and 4 networking - Advanced knowledge and experience with EIGRP and BGP routing protocols
- Advanced knowledge of Data Center architecture (Nexus, SDN, High Availability, Security)
- Knowledge of Security products and HW based Firewalls
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website