Responsible for planning, controlling and directing an operational function and its staff. This position relies on Operations Supervisor or Operations Officer to oversee the day to day activities of the department, so its focus can be on the long-term, more strategic activities of the department and its function. Responsible for all projects assigned to operational department, compliance related activities and serves as subject matter expert and liaison on cross-functional task forces and project teams.
Manages a larger, more complex, and/or more risk intensive department within the bank operations group. Accomplishes results though subordinate supervisors or officers. Acts as an advisor to subordinate supervisors and colleagues to meet deadlines or resolve technical or operational problems. Manages cross-functional programs and projects of various sizes; represents operations on inter-departmental projects; participates in establishing and administering many centralized functional projects. Exerts influence in the development of overall objectives and long-range goals of the department. Ensures activities are in compliance with regulatory/legal requirements and CNB policy and procedure. Position generally has 6-8 years operations management experience.
- Builds and manages a strong and diverse operations organization to meet business objectives and maximize productivity, quality, customer service/satisfaction, colleague morale, retention, controls on operating risk, and financial goals.
- May function as primary liaison with Core Banking, Commercial Banking Centers, other line units/departments, and vendors; ensures a good working relationship is maintained between departments and colleagues.
- Ensures activities are in compliance with legal/regulatory requirements and CNB policy and procedure with specific emphasis on BSA and USA Patriot Act. This includes adherence to all internal and external requirements related to OFAC, AML, CTR, EDD and all other applicable compliance related functions as appropriate to the departmental assignment.
- Ensures staff receives appropriate training to maintain proper risk-related controls and knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that staff makes the appropriate decisions, which may include escalating to management, referring client transactions to KYC Department for enhanced due diligence or Compliance Investigations for potential Suspicious Activity Reporting as required under BSA regulations or Corporate Security for potentially fraudulent activities.
- Perform BSA/AML/OFAC reviews of client transactions as applicable to the departmental assignment.
- Manages and/or participates in departmental and bank-wide projects: formulates project plans; manages project resources (internal and external), tracks task assignments, and facilitates project meetings; implements strategy and project steps with consideration to constraints of budget, schedule and impact.
- Identifies, recommends and implements new processes, procedures and products to improve workflow, efficiency and/or profitability; oversees or participates in operations development and improvement programs.
- Creates and facilitates changes by integrating new systems or processes with existing ones; measures results and identifies necessary corrective actions required to meet goals.
- Establishes and communicates a clear understanding of internal/external customer requirements and the importance of strong service relationships; maintains customer service standards and monitors and responds to trends.
- Seeks and implements industry best practices across operations; remains knowledgeable in industry trends and developments.
- Effectively communicates to inform, persuade, influence and direct others.
- Participates in the budget process and other finance related projects that impact the department and/or its function. Reviews monthly budgetary reports and general ledger reports to monitor expenses and adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Directly or indirectly oversees all Human Resources and related functions, including hiring staff and personnel issues. This includes timely completion of performance appraisals, accurate payroll records, and the development and career planning of staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- *Minimum 5 years banking operations experience in a financial institution required.
- *Minimum 5 years banking and operations management experience.
- *Minimum 2 years experience in managing projects and/or teams required.
- Management experience within financial services operations.
- Critical and strategic thinker. Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Seasoned problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create influential documents, presentations and group or team facilitation.
- Working knowledge of financial and budget process.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website