PAYMENTS PROCESS SPECIALIST SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Supports Real Time Payments platform that operates 24/7 365 days a year. Duties include monitoring incoming and outgoing payments via a web based application and performing research in response to department and client inquiries. In addition to Real Time Payments responsibilities, performs various duties in support of processing checks, deposits, general ledger tickets, cash tickets and other MICR documents or images of same and the transactions comprised of these documents/images.
Banking and Investment Services Division
Banking and Investment Services plays an integral role in leading the strategic vision and execution of all banking operations. Our servicing and operations professionals partner closely with all of our lines of business to carry out critical functions, including client/deposit servicing, contact center operations, payments processing, and trade and lending operations, while identifying and mitigating risk throughout the organization. Servicing and operations professionals seek to transform and define an integrated support model through automation and cutting-edge digital technologies, to deliver an excellent experience for our clients and businesses.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Monitor daily Real Time Payment work.
- Perform inline fraud review of RTP transactions.
- Perform End of Day payment functions for RTP.
- Reviews incoming client electronic image deposits from various sources using Windows-based Item Processing back office application – ensures quality image eligibility of items deposited, Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) line accuracy and adherence to all rules established for the applicable remote capture process; ensures review is done within established service level agreement.
- Identifies non-conforming items, rejecting them back to the capture source when required; makes applicable adjustments to balance transactions.
- Prepares paper items for sorter capture where required; ensures that control documents are properly prepared to give the customers accurate availability of funds deposited and that transactions are processed on a timely basis.
- Prepares applicable transmissions for transit items to be cleared through electronic channels according to deadlines and/or dispatch schedules.
- Performs correction functions relative to MICR data, dollar amounts and transaction integrity for all deposit and Inclearings sources.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by manager.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum four years experience in the banking/ financial industry.
- Minimum four years experience with Microsoft Office Applications including Outlook, Excel,Word,and Teams.
Skills and Knowledge
- Post-secondary education (Degree Preferred not Required)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with computers and current technology
- Previous Electronic Payment System experience within a financial institution
- Comprehensive understanding of Windows networks and file movements
- Excellent math and analytical skills
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
#LI-PL1Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website