VENDOR MANAGEMENT QA ANALYST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As an experienced, fully proficient professional with third party risk management experience, this role will primalrily conduct quality assurance reviews on third party monitoring activities and artifacts. This position will also work with the manager to build out additional components of the QA function within the Vendor Management Risk Assurance team as needed.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Finance team. This group records, analyzes, reports and optimizes to maintain the bank's financial health, while following principles and legislation to ensure we're doing what's right.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Support development of the 1st Line of Defense quality assurance control program, coordinating across multiple subject matter areas
- Support development of the framework for quality assurance reporting across the 1LOD teams; develop reports to Sr Mgmt and committees on QA metrics, trends, root causes, and resolutions
- Conduct Quality Assurance control reviews for vendor monitoring activities and other artifacts for conformance to program objectives and methodology
- Research and report on inconsistencies discovered in ongoing monitoring activities and track those inconsistencies through to resolution in partnership with the Vendor Management Office (VMO).
- Perform data reconciliations to ensure quality reporting and governance
- Work across the VMO team to drive remediation plans and increase quality upfront; Effectively monitor the tracking of issues to ensure timely resolution
- Provide risk awareness and training to colleagues in support of CNB's Third Party Risk Management Policies and Procedures
- Champion the enterprise Vendor Management purpose throughout the organization; train and advise internal CNB staff on the vendor management processes
- Partner and coordinate closely with internal stakeholder areas (i.e. Information Security, Enterprise Risk Management, Business Continuity Program Office, Credit Administration, and Compliance)
- Escalate issues to management as required; work to resolve issues as needed
- Support various ad hoc projects supporting program enhancements, process improvements, and other functions
- Execute other duties as assigned
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of vendor management, managing vendor contracts and service levels and monitoring vendor performance
- Minimum of 2 years working knowledge of third party risk management processes and methodologies
- Minimum of 2 years working knowledge of quality assurance reviews or controls testing
Skills and Knowledge
- Required Third Party Risk Management experience
- Preferred audit experience
- Required basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and SharePoint/Teams
- Preferred Industry recognized third party risk management or vendor management certification
- Preferred Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; specifically, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Recommended four (4) years of focused experience in Vendor Governance, Risk Management, IT, Finance, QA, Audit, and/or equivalent business experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keep up to date with relevant regulatory guidance, industry practices and Bank policies by attending outside forums or staying connected with peer groups industry-wide.
- Ability to research information, problem solve, and make solid business decisions
- Ability to report, analyze, interpret, and critically think
- Ability to independently produce accurate and detailed work on multiple projects under time pressure
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment and be able to multi-task and handle voluminous workflow, work under tight deadlines, balance multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately
- Must be able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits and Perks At City National, we strive to be the best at whatever we do, including the benefits and perks we offer our colleagues. Get an inside look at our Benefits and Perks.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website