Similar JobsGet alerts for jobs like this Get jobs like this tweeted to you
Big Data Architect & Engineer
Cognizant continuously seeks outstanding associates when recruiting new employees. We pride ourselves on having extensive experience working with clients in all major markets. Cognizant's delivery model is infused with a distinct culture of high customer happiness. We consistently deliver positive relationships, cost reductions and business results.
Are you ready to be a change-maker?
At Cognizant, we believe those who challenge the way they work today will lead the way tomorrow.
You are passionate about assessing and designing IT architecture strategies for cloud and PaaS platforms that make a difference for users and businesses alike. You have strong design and architecture experience by analysis of existing environments to identify deficiencies and solutions for improvement, superb communication skills, are technically fluent and have a good understanding of Cloud platforms. You are responsible for executing on Digital technology solution and program roadmaps by collaborating with strategy and design consultants. You enjoy working reciprocally with designers and engineers on small co-located teams. You're passionate about your craft, and enjoy helping others develop as architects. You excel at leading without authority, effectively aligning team members as well as client partners and executives. You judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our clients. Work life balance is important to you: isn't just something that we want you to have, but something we need you to teach to our clients.
We practice and guide an approach to architecture that is applicable across industries and organizations, so you'll experience all types of teams, industries and products. We pair, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. And we believe in working at a sustainable pace – you'll typically work hard for 8 hours each day, but then you're off work to relax, recharge and refocus.
Key to this role:
- Hands-on Big Data Programming and/or Informatica BDM experience
- Design and implementation of the technical architecture (that is needed to meet the client's specific data objectives) as part of implementation of a new Big Data Platform
- Creation of data pipelines through hands-on programming, using Big Data Technologies and/or Informatica BDM
- Responsibility for managing the full lifecycle of a Hadoop Solution.
- Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 14 years' experience in Data Engineering and Management
- Experience in defining and implementing architecture for at least 2 new Big
Data Implementations involving a combination of Hortonworks or Cloudera with Informatica BDM
- Minimum 4 years' hands-on experience programming with major big data solutions like: Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Cassandra, Flume, Sqoop, etc.
- Minimum 4 years in: Hadoop Administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging,
and performance tuning for Hortonworks and/or Cloudera Hadoop Distributions- Minimum 3 years' hands-on experience with Informatica BDM
- Experience in working with ETL tools such as Informatica Powercenter or Data Stage, or Talend
- Experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses
- Insurance industry experience is a plus
Cognizant will facilitate relocation to Helena, MT. (A fly-in/fly-out situation can be accommodated for the first few months of employment).
Job Location : Helena, Montana, United States
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 14 2018
Cognizant US Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please send an email with your request to CareersNA2@cognizant.com
About CognizantCognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: USJobsCognizant. Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website