Director of Marketing, Life Sciences
Global Marketing, Field Marketing
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is a Fortune 200 and consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.Summary:
We have an exciting opportunity for an enterprise marketer to further Cognizant's market position in the Life Sciences industry, by defining and executing the go-to-market strategy for our Life Sciences business unit. The candidate for this role would report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer for Healthcare & Life Sciences.
Cognizant with its clients is redefining the future of data-driven, outcome-based. That's why all 30 of the top 30 global pharmaceutical companies, 10 of the top 10 biotech companies and 12 of the top 15 medical device companies work with us.
While working closely with product management teams, as well as Life Sciences field, digital marketing and sales, you will create and manage: strategic plans for new solution launches; customer acquisition and retention strategies; messaging and positioning; and conduct market and competitive analysis. The Director of Life Sciences marketing will also ensure plan execution and coordination across BU leadership, global marketing, analyst and public relations. Responsibilities include:
- Product/Market fit and growth strategies
- Planning and project management
- Product positioning and messaging
- Sales enablement and collateral development
- Campaign support including Account-Based Marketing strategies
- Release messaging
- Planning and project management
- Digital and content marketing support
You understand big company dynamics, have worked in matrixed environments and know how to get things done. You have a strong entrepreneurial sensibility; you love to deliver value in the form of new product introductions and/or great marketing campaigns to your target market.
- Minimum 10 years' related experience in and knowledge of Life Sciences, with experience launching and driving sales of platforms/solutions to pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and medical device companies
- Life Sciences buyer expert who knows how to strategically target various stakeholder personas at the highest level (C-Suite).
- Strong understanding of Life Sciences business operations
- Have developed and can share examples of messaging and positioning founded on market and buyer insights, for the right customers, through the right channels in a voice that was differentiated and compelling.
- Have demonstrated passion for taking the complex and making it simple by evangelizing services and solutions, internally, and in the market with influencers and buyers.
- Use data to drive positioning of products and recommend investment decisions as you develop your marketing approach, strategies and tactics.
- Rich experience in developing models for and executing Account-based Marketing plans.
- Expertise in collecting, analyzing and internally sharing competitive intelligance.
- Brand ambassador and storyteller with exceptional written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop clear, concise, compelling content.
- Have worked with large teams of enterprise sales reps and account managers hands- on, to inspire, motivate and ultimately win deals through the sales cycle, and generate customer stories.
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Proven ability to build relationships with other teams, especially sales.
- Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical.
- Strong project management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and execute.
The candidate must also personally align to Cognizant's core values in how they work and show up for their team:
- Customer Focus – The customer is our true north.
- Passion – We have a collective can-do attitude, with the enthusiasm and commitment to Go the Extra Mile.
- Collaboration – Work together to achieve a common goal.
- Empowerment – Figure out how to get things done and make them happen.
- Transparency – We succeed through open exchange of information.
- Integrity – We act with integrity in every decision we make.
- Familiarity with Virtual Clinical Trials
- Experience marketing products and platforms to pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and medical device companies
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some knowledge of design principles
- Excellent writer – samples required
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, Science, Marketing, Computer Sciences, Finance or equivalent experience; Master's degree or MBA a plus
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of a degree
Cognizant US Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please send an email with your request toCareersNA2@cognizant.com
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jun 06 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website