Senior Technical Consultant (Principal Developer)
Summary of Position:
The Senior Technical Consultant is responsible for executing specific technical tasks, serving as technical support, interfacing directly with clients, and assisting to create standardization of technology methodologies, approaches and deliverables.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop solutions within the ServiceNow platform; including but not limited to modifications of applications, forms, workflows, interfaces and any other customizations required to support client processes.
- Analyze and design custom applications for medium to high complexity business problems according to user specifications and assist in developing detailed application specifications.
- Participate in regular peer code reviews to ensure high-quality and low defect outcomes.
- Regularly interface with Ness QA and Client testing resources during UAT.
- Create documentation describing the configurations performed as needed for every sprint.
- Provide suggestions and alternatives to technical challenges to meet business solutions.
- Advise clients on best practice process and development approaches.
- Innovate and identify solutions that can be reused on future engagements.
- Maintains ServiceNow certifications with the latest delta exams.
- Achieves additional certifications as needed.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven skills as a ServiceNow platform developer within multiple modules.
- Proven skills with complex integrations between ServiceNow and third-party applications using SOAP, REST, WSDL or XML.
- Strong skills as a front-end developer.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of business process mapping software such as Visio.
- Experience working with Agile teams, methodologies, and tools in a virtual environment.
Education & Work Experience
- Hands-on ServiceNow experience meeting client requirements.
- ServiceNow certification in ITSM, ITAM, ITOM, CSM or HRSM.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management, Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
This position must maintain emotional control under stress. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. Occasionally the employee will repeat the same hand, arm or finger motion many times. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. This position also requires lifting and transporting of materials - up to 20 pounds, the ability to problem solve and retain information. This position also requires frequent travel, a flexible schedule including occasional evenings, and attending conferences.
Job Location : United States || Amherst, New York, United States
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jun 04 2021
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website