Location - Richardson, TX or Raleigh, NC
Write, modify, and debug software for NWS team, automate managed services at scale and to provide high impact monitoring and diagnostic information about managed services.
Test and document software. Write code to create single-threaded, multi-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone and those which access servers or services.
• Minimum Requirements: (“Must have” Qualifications)
1. Proven enterprise level software development competency with high scalability projects
2. Proficient with
ii. Python /JBPM
iii. NoSQL database
iv. Relational database: MySQL or MariaDB
v. Bash/Unix Shell Scripting
vi. Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
vii. Git or similar distributed version control system
3. Sound knowledge of quality assurance procedures
4. Solid communication skills
i. Build client relationships (e.g., establish productive and reciprocal relationships with stakeholders)
ii. Professional & concise (written & verbal)
Preferred Skills- Python, Html, CSS
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization for this role.
Cognizant *cannot* state a U.S. citizen/ GC preference/ restriction in any way. Such a restriction in legally indefensible, because it excludes those who hold other types of lawful work authorization that would not require Cognizant sponsorship (e.g., EADs) and could be viewed as discrimination based on nationality or country of origin.
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1NoSQLPL3Required2MySQL DB AdministrationPL3Required3PythonPL3Required4CSSPL3Required5HTMLPL3Required
Domain SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1NPD/NPINARequired
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 29 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website