Cognizant is hiring for “Infrastructure Architect with Storage Admin”. Interested candidates who are willing to relocate within the USA can apply. Relocation assistance will be provided
Note: “Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a “Green Card”) for this role.”
- Solid experience with Data Center Consolidation. Thorough understanding of EMC, Isilon and PowerMAX Storage migrations.
- Experience in managing Data Domain and Avamar Backup Hardware and Software.
- Experience in understanding backups using TSM tool.
- Understanding of Media Agents, Deduplication policies. Understanding of Database and NAS Backup's
- Influencing and consensus building
- Good Communication skills, good documentation skills, and diplomacy
- Solid understanding of ITILv3 ITSM process compliance.
- MSCE/MCSA, VMware/vSphere certified
- Multiple DB technologies (Oracle and SQL)
- Independently conduct the research for the capability of technology or domain platforms including cost, license structure and benefits
- Must have experience in architecture design leveraging multiple technologies
- Conduct the capacity planning and design the deployment architecture considering on-prem and cloud deployment
- Be able to understand & ensure application dependencies are documented and dealt with appropriately.
- Experience with New Server Build, Decommission, Defragmentation, Server Provision (2008,2008R2,2012,2012R2, 2016, RHEL)
- Determining resource consumption using performance monitoring tools, such as Nagios or Zenoss.
- Analyzing Server issues, Microsoft Patching plans, SCCM troubleshoot (patching), SUG, Performance Issues, Performance reports
- Analyzing Compliance and Vulnerability remediation's, Disk Space / RAM/ CPU, Reboot Requests, Start/Stop/Restart Services
- SvMotion, vMotion, Virtual Disks consolidation
- VMware Vulnerability Remediation, DMZ Vulnerability Remediation, Windows Vulnerability Remediation, RHEL Vulnerability Remediation
- OS Troubleshooting, Mount Datastore, Unmount Datastore
- Performance Reports, troubleshooting Performance Issue (Memory, CPU, Disk Space)
- Installation / Uninstallation, Firmware, Hotfix installation
- SCCM Patching packaging issues, SCOM agent installation, SCOM monitoring,
- EMC Microsoft, VMware vendor coordination
- HW cases, EMC Vendor Cases .CISCO Vendor Cases, Microsoft Vendor Cases Coordination
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1Hitachi flash storagePL1Required2Symantec Backup AdministrationPL1Required3IBM Storage AdministrationPL2Required
Domain SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1Order to Cash Order ManagementNARequired
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Aug 23 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website