Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities.
Lead Oracle Financials Consultant
Cognizant is seeking bright, diligent people to join our consulting organization as Solution Architects/Lead Oracle Financial Consultants. Candidates should have a successful track record working with Oracle Financial Applications and technology in a Solution Architect/Lead role. Candidates must be detail-oriented, have strong communication and interpersonal skills, have deep knowledge in the Oracle Financials Applications, have strong accounting knowledge, and have the ability to communicate with C-Level financial executives.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Oracle organization structure design, chart of accounts design, and Oracle Financials solution design throughout the Financials suite of applications. Candidate should be knowledgeable on integration points between Oracle Financials and HR, Projects, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing applications, as well as Trading Community Architecture. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for leading financials implementation teams and mentoring junior consultants. Candidates with prior Oracle Financials solution architect/lead financials consulting role experience will receive the highest priority.
Typical project responsibilities include:
• Conduct design workshops and functional process workshops in all financial areas
• Identify business requirements and map them to the Oracle Application functionality.
• Identify functionality gaps and develop solutions to them.
• Configure the Oracle Applications to meet client requirements and document application set-ups.
• Write business requirement documents for reports, interfaces, data conversions and application extensions.
• Interact with the project team members responsible for developing reports, interfaces, data conversion programs, and application extensions.
• Define testing scenarios and develop test scripts.
• Support clients with the execution of test scripts.
• Develop end-user documentation and training materials.
• Deliver end-user training.
• Provide status and issue reports to the Project Manager on a regular basis.
• Manage team members in areas of responsibility
• Experience with the business processes in finance and accounting including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, intercompany accounting, tax, fixed assets and cash management.
• Knowledge of projects, supply chain and manufacturing modules as to their impact on accounting transactions
• Experience with functional Oracle Financials implementation as a solution architect/finance lead
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Self-motivated and able to plan work effort and manage priorities.
• Ability to interact with all levels of client financial personnel
• Keen attention to detail.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10 years of experience in a similar consulting role
• Prior experience with Oracle Financials as a Solution Architect/Financials Lead Consultant
• Understanding of accounting and financial processes
• Must be willing to travel
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website