Core Banking Transformation Program Manager
Position Summary and Purpose:
This is a key role in the transformation program that holds the integrated program planning together and serves as the lead point of contact for all customer and account management matters. Orchestrates delivery for the program and acts as a single point of contact for delivery. The person needs to Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships, ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives while keeping the contractual constructs of the program in mind. Develop trusted advisor relationships with customer stakeholders, Product vendor and executive sponsors of the program. Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders. Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed"
Broad areas of responsibilities include:
· Manage multiple simultaneous cross functional teams across various geographical locations.
· Plans/manages and integrate technical programs or projects to meet specific objectives or goals.
· Provides leadership for the project team and key interfaces to the project or program.
· Collaborates and works closely with Product Vendor and integrates their plan with the program plan
· Manage stakeholder expectations through clear and transparent communications on progress, status, risks, issues, dependencies and their impacts on deliverables / milestones
· Independent, able to take decision, explore alternatives to continue progress, while keeping everyone informed of the choices and consequences
· Works on problems/tasks in delivery of a specific product or service.
· Work with internal, Product Vendor as well as customer team to identify tasks, determine dependencies, identify and assign specific resources, communicate expectations to team members, obtain task effort and duration estimates from team members, and create/track the project schedule.
· Assess risk and identify issues. Be a custodian of end-to-end RAID log for the program.
· Monitor progress against schedule.
· Develop strong relationship with other groups within the organization and get work with them to bring the expertise and teams.
· Requires knowledge of business practices and procedures in order to perform non repetitive, analytical work.
· Protect the team from external influences and distractions - speak up on behalf of the team when there are impediments to success.
· Should be able to lead the team, work effectively within an onsite offshore model of delivery and work with multiple partners, internal teams and business stakeholders
· Should be experienced in setting up and streamlining processes, adhere to quality and audit requirements.
· Managed large transformation programs
· 20+ years' total experience with 6+ years' managing large projects independently
· Proven track record in delivering transformation and complex projects
· Experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment. Experience of working with Product Vendors will be another advantage.
· Understanding of Banking and Financial services domain is an added plus
· Experience of core banking implementations (Temenos T24 implementation will be an added plus)
· Conversant with delivery methodologies. A good mix of experience managing Waterfall and Agile-scrum projects.
· Experience with project lifecycles, scheduling, risk management, and conflict resolution techniques.
· Program / Project Management Certification (PgMP, PMP, PMI-ACP)
· Ability to measure the health of the project/s by using appropriate metrics.
· Technically competent in using various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Projects, Project lifecycle management software.
· Exposure to Digital and cloud technologies is an added plus
· Willingness to work on fast paced projects with different time zones
· Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
· Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
· Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Oct 06 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website